South Carolina boat show

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by snooker_hooker, Jan 17, 2007.

1. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    is anybody going to the boat show. the only reason i was going to go is to see the seaark boats, but now i did not see them on the list. i am so mad. the only one i have seen is the river runner 18 that we have at work and it is great except all the crap we have on the boat. i realy wanted to see there line of 20 ft boats. seems everybody but them will be there. i am going on sunday.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I guess you must be talking about the Charleston Boat Show, Nick. I don't go to it, but there is one at Marshall's Marine this fri & sat. They always put on a good show (and you don't have to pay them to try and sell you something, :wink: ). I don't think they handle SeaArk, but they have a website if you want to check. :smile2:

3. snooker_hooker

snooker_hooker New Member

State:
    sc
    i just wanted to see the boats in person. i just cant find a good dealer around here that carries them. i love the seaark because of the 15 deg dead rise and the thick hull. they also can handle more hp and they are better in saltwater also.

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
  5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I am planning on going to Marshalls tommorow to check things out. Thaey have always been big sponsors for my club so I will get to have some club info there. They do have a wonderful selection and as Tommy said its FREE.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    They are having show this weekend in Greenville SC and usually have SeaArks.

7. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Yeah i will probly go to the one in greenville on sunday, but i think its next sunday.

8. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Hey, I made it up to Marshall's today. Rivercatsc, I kept my eyes out for you, but didn't see ya. They had a good show, but the fried catfish nuggets they were serving free made the trip worth it. Ummmmhhhh good. One of the booths was giving out samples of different venison recipes they process, and that was delicious, too. BTW, I think they had a bunch of boats there, too. Even had a 1720cc keywest like mine that was cut in half, floating around with the 90 yammie and all. Not so extraordinary these days, but it gave me a chance to see how mine is constructed internally. :smile2: The had another they were pumping water into through a 1-1/2" hose, but couldn't make it sink either. An extra degree of comfort for those boat owners. I had tested mine last march on the James river, though, when I forgot to put the drain plug in. Fished all afternoon and never even got a drop of water in the cockpit area. The flotation kept us high and dry.
    There are some really good boats being made these days, and no wood to rot, ever, in many of them.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Correction its next weekend.

I went to a SeaArk dealer Wednesday, they has several nice model in stock.

10. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Thomos Please don't shoot LOL.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Tommy I hate I missed you I was at marshalls around 12:30 on friday. I showed up at lunch so I could get one of those boston butt sandwich. The catfish was good for farm raised catfish. The had a good show once again I enjoyed it and got to network with some new potential sponsors.