south bend mudville catfish combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by unclebobo, Jan 26, 2008.

1. unclebobo

unclebobo New Member

State:
    missouri
    I saw these the other day,was wondering if anyone had any info on them,they come on a 7 ft medium/heavy rod with a spinning reel holds 150yds of 20 # test line

2. catfish_clayton

catfish_clayton New Member

State:
    Catania, Italy,
    In my opinion, its the worst rod Ive ever fished with, It snaped first time I took it fishing, the reels arent that great either, I put it on one of my carp rods, and striped out the gears in it.

3. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dusty, those things are junk, I picked one up and looked it over and could not believe how cheap it was made.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    my cousin has one. i thought the reel was about as good as a chunk of busted concrete. the rod looked ok but i never used it. had to fix the reel when i took him fishing. cheap made. this was a 33 looking reel though. no a spinning.

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Unclebobo I never owned that rod but most of SouthBend stuff is junk. I do like their Black Beauty Rod. I have seen their reels busted up broken handles and I have played around with their reels at the store not the best. I would stay away and look at something else.

6. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Im not sure about the reels but i have a black beauty2 rod and i like it alot.Its one of my favorite rods,i find it works great when using circle hooks.But it looks like im the lone ranger here.lol.

7. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I got one of those mudvilles... it is okay for small eater channels.... but don't put any more faith in it other than that. I have some crap rods piling upo that I should just pitch. LOL

8. duckbuster

duckbuster New Member

State:
    Ballard Co., Kentucky
    I bought one last year just to see if it would hold up. Junk! The gears stripped the first time that I hung into a decent (15lb) blue cat, I did manage to land the blue but the reel was trashed.