South bend black beauty 2?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by brinley45cal, Oct 8, 2005.

1. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Anyone ever heard or used one of these rods before? I saw one today and i bought one to see how i liked it.Its an 8 footer med/heavy rod,i got an ABU 7000 for my birthday and needed a rod to go with it.Any thoughts?

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have the Org. South Bend Black Beauty rod 7ft. one piece with a Abu 6000 on it. I love it and still looking for another one. It's a great rod! Where did you find this rod you have??

3. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    ibought it at a small tackle shop called bullfrog creek here in kentucky.They always keep them stocked there,they have anywhere from 8 to 12 footers.The 8 footer ive got is rated for 10 to 25 pound test line,you think it would go well with an ABU 7000? They had some other kinds of rods but i thought it might be pretty good.Oh yeah they are 2 piece rods.

4. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    It is great for that rod. I use Power pro line on my 6000. But a good mono will work great too.

5. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    hey thanks for the help,idont know if those guys have a web site or not but if you would like i could try to find out for you?

6. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I checked there site and sent a contact letter in and didn't get a responds. But I guess i will keep trying. Can you ask the guy at the place you got your rod , where he ordered from?

7. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    sure thing ill let you know when i find out.but i would think he probably would have gotten it stright from south bend since they are the ones who makes them.But ill get back to you on that.

8. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
    Desperado go to south bends web site i think you may be able to order them from there.

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Ok, I'll try it again.

10. brinley45cal

State:
    kentucky
  11. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    I just saw one of these at Walmart yesterday when i was in there getting bait... for 30 with the reel I would have instantly bought it had i had the money to... Looked like a great rod... very much like an Ugly stick... It may replace the cheap spinning rod i take on the boat to do livelining with bluegills and carp when i can... When i was playing with it in the store it seemed to have a good backbone but a very sensitive tip which i like alot... Would probably also make a pretty good saltwater rod as well...

12. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Sounds like a pretty good set up.I'll to check them out