South Asia Earthquake.

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by elphaba7, Oct 10, 2005.

1. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
  2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Have and will do again.

With all the devastation going on in the world today, it's the most depressing time I remember in my lifetime.

3. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    ill add em to the list sis

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Especially Pakistan. The country that is harboring terrorists like Bin Laden and won't let us in the find him.

5. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Now George, there are plenty of innocent people in that country as well. India was hit also. I'm sorry, but I think that was a pretty uncharitable thought towards the women and children who are innocent victims in this. :thumbdown

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm losein sleep over it.

7. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    I'm sorry if simple compassion for an innocent human life is beyond you. Save your prayers for who you deem worthy, and I'll continue to spread mine around for those less fortunate.

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    And Lord, please be with the starving Pygmies in New Guinnea, Amen - Larry the Cable Guy

Pray for everyone, including your enemies

9. olyeller

olyeller New Member

State:
    Kingsland, TX
    Children, children,

stop this sensless squabbling. Shoot all the men and pray for all the women and kids, it's just that simple.

10. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    And Jen. I am not bound to please you with my answers either. Valid point about the women and children. I was directing my loss of sleep comment at the fact you were upset with my reply.

11. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Well, then that's better. I could give a @#$% less about what you all think of me or my silliness, but in a tragedy situation such as this, it's hard for me to relate with what comes across as a plain and simple cold-hearted statement against innocents. If it was directed at me, then I can understand, because I am far from innocent. ;)

12. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Jim, you are exactly right, but it's the innocent ones who need our prayers. Remeber, that they are not given freedom of choice, as we are. Many of those folks hate Americans, because their government has taught them to, and restricted knowledge that would prove differently. It is not the fault of the people, that their officials have corrupted and exploited them in this fashion.

I only hoped for thoughts of compassion for those innocents, not for acceptance of the country itself.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It's not their faught for hating us. LOL. They still hate us for what ever the reason is. I think we sould release all criminals from prison who was raised by bad/criminal parents.:glare:

Jen, I'm not burning on ya. I'm not cold hearted either but I hear where BG is coming from.
    I have nothing for those who hate us. I don't wish bad luck on anyone, but I will not help those who hate us. A cub lion still grows up to be a lion cause of its surrounding and natural instinct. We still don't walk up to one and say, nice kitty, let me pull that thorn out of your foot. After it licks its wounds from our help, it then eats us up. LOL.
    Bout the only time we get a thumbs up from those who hate us is when the money and help starts pouring in. Once it stops, its like showing re - runs on TV, same O thing.

I do hope they helpselves just like we are helping ourselves on all the devastation going on in America.

"Washington pledged up to $50 million in relief. U.S. ambassador to Pakistan said Monday that the United States will provide up to $50 million for earthquake relief and reconstruction in Pakistan. " Yelp, that's about right.:eek: I'm waiting on the tin can to come at my wallet so I too can help. :glare:

I do pray for the innocents. God Bless America.
    I also pray for my enemies which I leave for God to work that out.
    Who feels like buying the world a coke. :D :glare:

14. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Hey, you all can think whatever you want. No one is demanding you say a prayer for anyone. I simply asked for a courtesty to the innocent victims of this earthquake. I personally don't believe that God is discriminating against their innocence, but that's just this dumb country gal from West Virginia talking nonsense again. If you choose not to pray for them, that is your business.