South Arkansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Fireman4c, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    How about this weather folks. I got about 6'' of snow here in Magnolia. It all melted the next day but the kids sure had fun wile I was working in it ALL DAY boy was it cold. I hope over the next few weeks it gets warm I sure hate to cancle my vacation for the week after Easter. I plan on running all I can yo-yo's, limb lines and noddles. I realy think thak week they will start bitting good (fingers crossed!!) Anyway anyone else planing or doing any good in south Arkansas? Let me know now my frezer is empty of fish I had to pull out all the deer just to find the last pack!!!!:angry:

Charles

2. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    headed out the door now to help a friend get her toon boat ready.i plan on doing real good this yearfishing all over from ar to texas and ar to tenn.got a pb flathead in mind.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Charles, is Steves marine still open in Magnolia? Allen Taylor ( the bow mechanic) is a good friend and if ya bump into him tell him i said hello please. Sure wish i was on Earling with ya catchin those slab crappie.

4. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Yep hes still there he has a story for me every time I go in and makes me spend to much money!!!! HAHA I will tell him hello for ya!

5. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    Well, I haven't seen anything of you since you stopped by my place one day to help us put some tin on the roof of an outdoor pavilion we were building. Glad you found the site. I am still beholding to you for that and I will get you a mess of fish for sure.

I just stopped by to see Mrs. Mary today. I hadn't seen her going up and down the road so I had to check in on her.

If you get back down my way again and I know you do often, but be sure to stop by, just to say hello.

Again welcome to the BOC.

don3778

6. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Well hey Don how ya been? Im headed down ther in a little wile to cut some fire wood. We still need some more to get over these cold days!!!!

7. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Charels welcome to the BOC, great to have another arkie. Yes this winter has been crazy, I'm ready for spring warm up.

I now have a toon so plan on a good season. My fishing buddy( poisonpits ) has been working on it with me, it"ll be ready for the water before long, can't wait.

Hope you and yours come to Degray in May, it's going to be a good time, hope to see ya there.:0a25:

8. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Charles welcome to the BOC. Theres some realy good folks here .I dont really know where south you are but have you ever tried tri-county lake in fordice? We run alot of trotlines there and yo-yos and do really good. Look at my post About just crappie today and they all came from there. I hope this helps you out a little. good luck .........robert

9. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC Charles. Glad to have another south Arkansas person on here. I'm not too far from you. I live a little south of El Dorado, kinda inbetween El Dorado and Junction City. Maybe we can get together sometiime and fish or just poor some sinkers.

Don't forget to check out the member library. It has tons of good info in it for all kinds of fishing and stuff and the BOC dinner has more recipes in it than any cook book I've ever seen. You can't go wrong looking in those two spots for anything you want to know.

If you have any quetions about the site or anything else just PM me and I will try and help. If I can't answer your question I bet I can find someone who can.

We have alot of us arkies that get on chat every nite. It would be nice if you come in there you could meet alot of us arkies there.

Also we are fixin to have a gathering of all arkansas members the 1st of May at Degray State park. It would really be great if you could join us there. We would love to have you and your family join us for camping, competitions, fishing, story swapping etc. It will be alot of fun. Just find the thread about the Arkansas Degray gathering. All the information is in there but if you still have any questions just PM one of us and we will get ya lined out.

Good luck with this years fishin. Hope to meet ya soon.

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Charles! Do you fish Lake Chicot much? Since they took the limit off channel cats there, it seems like that would be a good place to go to restock the freezer. I'm in the same boat as you. There's a little bit of catfish there, but not enough for a meal. I'd like to come down to Chicot when the channels get to biting good.

11. idoc_chaney

idoc_chaney New Member

State:
    arkansaw
    24 ft rise on muddy fork and two days ago rode across it on the mule to check the cows ! My fishin hole has suddenly grown for a few hrs here 6 miles below Greeson on the lil mo .
    Joe