South Alabama

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by Evangelist, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    Hi I new here and WOW! what a great site. I was wondering is there anyone on here from South Alabama? I live near bay Minette which is about 45 miles north east of Mobile so I fish the Mobile/Tensaw River Delta. I was just wanting to know if anyone is close from my area.

Evangelist

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    There are a few here from south alabama that will be along. Welcome to the BOC!!!

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    welcome to the boc

4. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    Thanks for the Welcome!

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Wade,

welcom to the BOC . I live in Mt. Vernon , Ifish all four rivers and last year 63lb blue was my best, and then 50lb was next and a bunch of 40's thru 20's give me a call when ever you wnt to fish up this way cell 214-3912

Catman4926 ( Harold

6. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    Thanks Catman4926 for the welcome. Great to see that I have someone close to my area. I definetly will call sometime as I do want to do some great fishing and get to know you as well as some of your tricks.

I am just really a good ol' country boy and have hunted and fished all of my life. I have mainly fished the Tensaw north of I-65 the most and have been an avid pan fisherman. My catfishing has been just the normal through out and sink to the bottom and whatever bites kind of thing. But I am wanting to get into the whole catfishing thing on a bigger scale.

The great thing is my wife really loves the outdoors and loves to fish so I get to do alot with no problems there. I had to sell my Bass Tracker cause my family has out grown it. I have a 14yr old son, a 6 year old son, a 3 year old daughter and a wife so not much room in the Tracker. I just purchased a 24ft fiberglass Pontoon Boat with a custom cabin built around the captins area. Has a counter with a sink and a private bathroom. Kind of nice but big and heavy. I got casue of my wife and kids wanting to do some camping on the river this year and try to catch some of those big cats. Next year I will buy me another Bass Boat so for this year I'm stuck with this one but It's a a good thing though and I can always tie it off next year and drive to it with my Bass boat next year and camp and then fish all over the place if you know what I mean.

So I need to learn some tricks from you on the real good catfishing if you don't mind. I also was trying to produce an Outdoors Television Show for awhile but money got tight and not much help from anyone here in South Alabama. It was called Poorman Outdoors, and I still have all of my equipment, such as Broadcast Quality video Cameras, Professional Digital Camera, Professional Edditing Software ans such if yur ever interest in maybe trying to get something together for a local type show or something.

Anyway thanks again

Wade

7. EZ Duzit

EZ Duzit New Member

State:
    Dothan, Al
    evangelist, I'm from the upper corner of lower Alabama (UCLA) Dothan. but glad to have you on board and if I can help you in anyway, just holler. Welcome aboard, EZ Duzit:wink:

8. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    EZ Duzit,

Thanks for the welcome and offer for help. I am sure that I will probably have to call on you from time to time. Might need to get over toward Dothan one day and do some fishing or eatin, you know us Preachers we like to eat, LOL

Wade

9. EZ Duzit

EZ Duzit New Member

State:
    Dothan, Al
    Wow, we love to eat in Dothan, got catfish and fried chicken. comonup anytime:wink: Leon

10. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    Add some Crystal Hot Sauce and you've got your self a deal........

Wade

11. EZ Duzit

EZ Duzit New Member

State:
    Dothan, Al
    Had some crystal tonight on some chicken wings. Got two bottles, Come on. :eek:oooh: Leon

12. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Hopefully we can get a Bama gathering to be successful this year and share some fried catfish and hot sauce. :wink:

13. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    EZ Duzit, I knew you was the man when you offered catfish and chicken but now you even have Crystal Hot Sauce, LOL.

Mike81, That would be great too, I would like to meet all of you and do some good eating. Do you have any details on it or am in the wrong thread? I noticed there was something about gatherings somewhere on here so I might need to find it. I haven't explored all of the site yet.

By the way that offer to Catman about getting a crew together and doing some filming for a show or something applies to all of you. It takes alot of time and hard work and a whole lot of footage just for a 30 min. spot but we could start small and maybe at least do a DVD if nothing but for oour own enjoyment.

Anyway thanks again all,

Wade

14. lwarren

lwarren New Member

State:
    alabama
    Yall dont get to eatin without me now. Welcome to the BOC, if you get to the Pell City area let me know and we might find a honey hole or two to poke at.

15. Evangelist

Evangelist New Member

State:
    South Alabama
    Thanks lwarren, would be great to get away and just fish all over the place. Sounds we are getting enough guys located all over for a good gathereing and maybe making some videos. What do all you think? Sorry if I bug ya'll about the video thing as its just my passion and has always been my desire to get something together that is not so "pro", "Pro" thing. Get tired of watching all the so called pro's pay $3000 and shoot the same deer i could have shot if I had the money.

Wade

16. BAMAJUGGER

BAMAJUGGER New Member

State:
    mccalla,alabama
    speaking of dothan,i spent a few days there for an auction,yall do have so good food. the conestoga steak house is great.ive never seen so many peanuts in my life.lol