Source for 12 oz disc sinker?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by JPritch, Jan 26, 2009.

1. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I am looking for some 12oz disc sinkers, or something similar, must have an eyelet for use with a sinker slide. I've only found 10oz, and those are sometimes hard to find. I need something to keep my baits casted out the side of my boat in place, as the 10oz's aren't doing the trick.

Thanks for any info.

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Should be a really easy mold to make.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I haven't seen the river sinkers or disc sinker molds that large. About the largest I have seen is the 16 ounce bank sinker mold. Think the mold has 10, 12, 14 and 16 ounce sinkers. If your boat fishing, I would imagine there is just a very little tendency to roll, so your more after the weight. I'd recommend these molds.

4. bluecatnut

bluecatnut New Member

State:
    freeburg illinois
    or u could use the bottom of a soda can as ur mold and just place a swivel in before u pour:cool2:

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    or you could just us a boat anchor.lol,just kidding.:wink:

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i hate i have an 8oz i would sell lol just have some taken out

7. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    If your wanting a mold I was just looking on ebay and there are some on there up to 24 oz........ different styles also.....

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    yep 10oz mold was the biggest i seen of that type. if you do any lead pouring yourself you can use cans ive made some this way they are probly at least 12oz depending on the size of cans used. cut the bottom 1/3 off a matching size can and drill a hole in the middle of the bottom to pour the lead in. notch out a spot on side of the bottom of the full can and the 1/3 can to put your swivle in try to make it a tight fit so the lead dont run out. turn the full can upside down set the 1/3 can on top with the swivle in the groove make shure the cans are centered then pour some led in the bottom of the 1/3 can to hold it in place then pour your weight. it takes quite a while to cool so dont seperate the cans for a while (min or two).