Sour Corn for Carp Bait?

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by rageroid, Aug 15, 2008.

1. rageroid

rageroid New Member

State:
    California
    I've read the past posts and see that others have been successful in using sour corn as chum. However, how is it on the hook or hair rig? I ask because I accidently left boiled field corn in a bucket that has been soaking for almost a week now. At this point, it smells somewhat like beer.

2. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you can find a way to get it on a hook it should work fine. Whenever I chum with corn, the cats have bellies full of it when I clean them.

3. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    If Im using corn, I use canned kernel corn, with a garlic powder that was sitting for about 2 days. dont open it in the house unless you've got vampire problems or you like sleeping on the couch.

4. rageroid

rageroid New Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the replies guys. BTW, Scott how effective is the garlic powder/canned corn combo for carp? I never tried garlic powder for carp so I was just wondering.

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I've caught a few on it before. It also works on trout.

6. rageroid

rageroid New Member

State:
    California
    Tried out the sour corn last night using a hair rig. Unfortunately, the carp were not cooperating, but the catfish went crazy on the sour corn. Got lots of hit and runs (probably mostly cats). Finally figured out when to strike and caught released two channels.

7. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    least ya got a couple,congrats