Sound off

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by Esox Hunter, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Will all Pike enthusiasts please sound off here? Thanks.

2. CaptainBrad

CaptainBrad Member

State:
    North Dakota
    I fish pike almost exclusively in the winter. I love the fight and they are somewhat easy to catch.

3. koakley1

koakley1 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I love to fish for pike but have not fished for them since I was home in Montana. I fished both North Dakota and Montana on the Missouri and on the Yellowstone near Sidney, I tried to get to Lake Sakakawea as much as possible when I wasn't irragating or stuck on the farm. I have been waiting for a post on pike since I joined the BOC, it brings back a lot of great memories Thanks.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Mke,
    I fished for pike a lot in the winter when I lived in England. Mostly the Oxfordshire Thames and it's tributaries and some Oxfordshire gravel pits...W

5. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.
    Cheers W:

But do you fish for them in the USA?

I've got a reason for starting this thread.

6. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I loved catching them back in Iowa, and still do whenever I take vacation, though I've never caught anything big. However, they are slim pickings in NC and I'm stuck with chain and redfin pickeral, which, frankly are better than nothing.

7. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Sorry Mike but no. Can't help on this one...W

8. ittybittykitty

ittybittykitty New Member

State:
    Belleville Michigan
    I like pike, but I am not sure I qualify as an enthusiast.

9. keyskevin

keyskevin New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    We have plenty in our lakes here in Wisconsin. There a blast to catch, looks like an explosion when they hit.

10. pikehunter

pikehunter New Member

State:
    north dakota
    hay all, hear in north dakota I love fishing for pike. love the fight. I have a Few secret honey holes I love to fish that don't have mutch fishing presure so the fish are veary abundant and good sized. On a good day I catch mostley 32 + in. pike. Just practice catch and release though. On a mision for that nest state record monster.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have fished pike untill we moved to Tennessee. I used to love to stare into the hole in shanty for hrs.smokey

12. cowboyd

cowboyd New Member

State:
    il
    Let's see get up in the morning eat and go out fishing for eyes then when lunch and or dinner is in the boat put away the toys and go looking for the big boys! 42 inches is the biggest so far but I just know there is one 48 or 49 monster hidding up in Canada with my name on it!

13. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    haven't caught one yet..want to . not too many places 'round here that has them. ment to go after them through the ice but didn't happen. now the ice that has them is in transition and unsafe. i do long to scratch them off my list. monsters they be , monsters!!

14. ckruger1005

ckruger1005 New Member

State:
    wisconsin
    I have to say catching a big northern is prly the most exciting fishing i have experienced. My wife caught her first ever northern this summer that was over 30 inches, and now thats all she wants to fish for.

15. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The Youghiogheny River is full of them,there are alot of tiger musky, they are a pike musky hybrid for those who don`t know

16. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    love pike fishing here, mike.