Sorry Misterwhisker and Sman!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by tbull, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well the 3 of us decided to get together and do a little blue cattin today, river was right, weather was right, everyone on time, just one problem...Not a $#%9&%$!!! boat ramp from Rising Sun Indiana to Ripley Ohio had been cleared. Now that isnt that big of a deal, but the real kick in the teeth comes when you find one that is doable and there is to much Ice in the water to even launch. I have never had the kind of problems that we had today trying to put in the freakin river. We finally managed to get into the water at around noon in Ripley, which by the way is not my favorite stretch of river, but water was water. And guess what, once we got on the water, still nothing, even after putting fresh bait right on there noses. I feel horrible that you guys traveled that far and had to have a day like that. Next time I will make sure everything is in order if I have to put 200 miles on the truck the day prior. I never expected to have the trouble we had today. Really wish I could have put you guys on some fish, I am still learning the Ripley area. I still had a blast with you guys even if most of the day was spent in the truck...LOL....Good getting to spend some time on the water with both of you. I will make it up to you guys I promise, thanks for coming out.:0a33::confused2::sad2:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Travis, im sure you feel bad. I have taken many people out over the years as well. I'm sure they will tell you not to feel as you are speaking though! Anyone that is a seasoned catfisherman knows that the fishing is never guarenteed even when you think you have the conditions pin-pointed right ! And you always get thrown them little situations... I know Skip personally, and he will back what I'm saying here. If you come up here someday it could be the same! We all want those that we take out to be the best day or night ever for their time and money spent, but usually we are lucky to just have a quality outting on an average! Thats why it is called fishing, I'm sure in time you will hit it right, and with both of them... One thing about it is, true catfishermen never give up.. And, im sure they will be back in your boat again, and we will be talking about how good it was for everyone that day!:wink: rollo

3. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    I gota tell ya, I had a good time today with Travis and Skip thay are good guys, And enjoyed getting to know them better and hanging out with them today, They are the kind of guys i would fish with any time. We didnt catch any fish this time, But as everybody knows you cant catch them every time out. My hunt for Blue Cats is never ending.... Cant wait till next time...Thanks Travis and Skip for the good time...Paul

4. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ah you shouldnt feel bad man. Pretty darn nice of ya to take em. You all will have your day. That stretch of river sucks anyways..... I wouldnt fish there. LOL

5. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Kudos for Skip making that long trek from the far corner of Ohio to Indiana! But like most said fishing is fishing and you can't always get em no matter what.

Don't feel bad, in 2007 a few friends and I drove 13 hours to Santee-Cooper and fished for 5 days. The 4 of us managed a total of 5 catfish:sad2::eek:oooh::embarassed:.

6. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Travis, first off thanks for taking me out. I had a blast with you and Paul. We laughed all day, plus got a bonus 3 state tour lol. Now I can find a ramp anytime.

You put us on fish they just weren't interested. Don't have to catch fish to have a good time. It was fun getting to know you two, and spend a day with some dedicated catmen. Like you said we were probably the only guys fishing in a 60 mile stretch yesterday lol. Between the 3 of us we have enough funny stories to write a book. I'll be back to go at them again, they can't resist us forever lol.

7. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    just getting out and meeting new members is a good time, you can never promise fish :wink:

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah it is what it is I guess, I really believe I could have put you on some fish if we could have launched where we planned, but thats how it works. Again great to see you guys again and spend some time on the water. I am sure we will venture out plenty more times, I will be up to the Muskingam this spring-summer as well. Looking foward to it!:roll_eyes:

9. repoman3809

repoman3809 New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohi
    Sorry guys! I probably could have helped you out, but I was sleepin when Travis called.:sad2:

If the Licking wasnt completely frozen....and I dont think it is. You could have used another ramp I know of. It would have had some snow on it, but isnt steep and should be good to use. Travis I PM you the location.