Sorry haven't been on much

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TA2D, Jul 10, 2006.

1. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have been working on my new house for the past week, try to get on and check out whats going on, but other than that I don't have the energy to post much, will be back in force soon enough!

Aaron

TA2D

PS Anyone got tips on laying laminte lock together flooring?

2. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, I got a tip. If you glue it in a kitchen or bathroom, make sure to keep going back and wiping up the excess glue before the dog lays on it!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    We understand brother, get that house finished up and hurry back. Miss your posts.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

We look foward to having you back I enjoy reading your post, By the way did you hear anything from the guy who won your trap? looked pretty good it should serve him well.

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

No worries bro, wish I was there to help you out.

Suds

6. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea get the house done so momma will be happy. We can wait:tounge_out:

Cause you know when momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy.:big_smile:

On the flooring I have found those DIY net works with some good info and tricks for installing various things.

7. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Thanks guys if anyone was local I would ask for some help, but alas..... there isn't anyone too close. I hope to be back soon

Aaron

TA2D

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    What kind of info you needing? I put it in all the house except the bedrooms. Did the wood in the family room, hall, closets, etc.
    http://www.smackcentral.net/michael/New-flooring/

I did the Tile in the kitchen and dining area:
    http://www.smackcentral.net/michael/New-flooring/Tile/

The fireplace was a real $%@#$ .. But just take your time and it will go smooth. Be sure to leave your spacing around the edges..

I used a Jig Saw and a Table Saw.. now I have a Slider Miter Saw (figures) and would be mucho easier to do imho. For curved areas, get a good sander and cut close to what you need, then shape and fit with sander...

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    LOL, that sounds like a bad experience!! :eek:oooh:

10. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It's alright brother, everyone has gotta get some sleep sometime.

11. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    fatkat - I came out of it just fine. The dog, well that was another matter . . . I put a "floating" laminate floor in my kitchen. To protect it from water, I had to glue all the edges together. As I worked my way across the room, additional pressure kept being applied to the sections already installed. This caused glue to be squeezed out of the seams. I kept wiping the seams, but at some point I stopped going back all the way to the starting sections. Bad mistake. The dog had a glue stripe on her side for about a year.

12. cschottfish

cschottfish New Member

State:
    Ofallon, Mo.
    Buy the kind with the ruber alredy on it. It is alot easer than than the other kind.