Sorry for being gone so long

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Who, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't even know where to start in trying to catch up. I think my last post was on going back to school.
    Well that is on hold. I was unemployed for about 8 months and about a week after that school post I found a job :big_smile:. Not much but work. One month later the Dr closed his office (no notice)and just left. :angry: No reason or warning. So had to go back and start the unemployment thing again, still looking. So far I have two jobs that I may qualify for in this area, one with the local VA clinic and the other as a LVN working for a Federal unit near Post. I have had interviews at both and did well, both will take up to 6 weeks before I know anything.
    Lots of other things have been going on. Family deaths (uncle), Sister not doing well (breast cancer [SIZE=-1]unoperatable), her husband now has [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Myasthenia Gravis, still trying to collect money owed me (job before 1st unemployed), odd and end truck, van, car (mine, parents, sons) problems, teenager (grandson)vs Parent problems, and this past month my oldest son lets us know he is going into the Navy. He will leave this coming Friday.
    I had hoped that my sons would not do this but I support him and have helped him get what he wants. He maybe gone a year or more before his wife sees him again. He was told that after basic he will go directly to Florida (for 3 to 8 months) then to one of two bases and may ship out and be gone from 8 months to over a year.
    This is taking a little getting use to on wifes and families part. Lots of things now being planned on how and when to move, what to do with their home (almost paid for) pets, (lots of them), and most important, how to help Lori his wife.
    All of this and still trying to find work, and it maybe that I have to do traveling work, which I do not want to do. Pays good but moving from place to place does not appeal to me + I still have to try and do school.
    Working full time and going to school full time is something I don't know if I could do now. Trying to find grants and have found some interesting information. If I were a Native American, female, of questionable or alternative life style, living in a state that starts with W, I would have all the help I could ever want or need. HOWEVER as a Male, American, of non-questionable and straight life style, living in Texas, not much is available and sure not enough to let me be a full time student.
    So my choices are rather bleak. I think my only chances are these:
    1. Sink all that I have into lotto #'s and hit it big
    2. Find a rich sugar-momma. :confused2::embarassed::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:
    3. Become a 52 y/o, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Chippendale dancer and I do not want to scare anyone so thats not going to happen:embarassed::big_smile:
    Anyone have 6 lucky #'s or is there any $$$$$ sugar mommas out there:embarassed:. Im a great cook, loving, don't stray, work hard and give great foot and back rubs.:roll_eyes:
    [/SIZE] Hay I could put myself on E-bay!

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Rick it sounds like youve got a plate full, hang in there its always darkest before the dawn.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Like Steve said, hang in there man.

4. Who

Who New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry guys, I have always been told " It always gets darkest before it gets pitch black"

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    And I am also sure you have been told you can see the glass as half empty or half full. Its your choice! :smile2: