Sorry dan

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by hear_kitty, Jun 15, 2006.

1. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Well this is not easy for me to say but here it is dan im sorry for forming an opion of you before i had a chance to talk to ya! And now that i have seen you on tv i can get a better feel of what kind of person you are so good luck! Please pass the crow!

2. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Well, I don't know what this is about, really, but I know it takes a good man to step up and admit when he is wrong. Good for you, buddy!:smile2:

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Well said, Don...After all, it's all about the brotherhood...

4. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    I had a committee meeting at church, so I set the VCR, but somebody bumped it and ejected the tape. Sigh...
    How was the show? Anybody learn anything?
    What did they catch? On what?
    Darn, I wish I'd seen it...

5. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    No harm no foul Don. I hope we get a chance to fish together sometime this Summer.

Dan

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I saw the show and it was great! I must admit, Riverkat is a fishing fool. I have found out, you can always learn something from another fisherman. I thought Dan was pulling my leg a little bit when he said don't use a leader, but on his rig, NO leader.

Dan, I'm curious, do you use the same rig for fishing Flatheads?

On that show the also showed some footage of The Cass River. Thats one of my favorite rivers. However there are No Flatheads in it to my knowledge.
    Sparky

7. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Tony they should replay it saturday so all is not lost.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    TV show....staring a BOC brother. That is great, is it just on in Michigan or in other states as well??

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Takes a big man to apologize when they are in the wrong. You are a good man Don, hope to get to fish with ya one day.

10. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    hay sparky you have to remember that the cass runs into the saginaw and there has been a few cought there but you are rite there are no numbers in there if any

11. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    That would be great to fish with some of the ohio boys!

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Of course I could not let any Wolverine beat a Buckeye. As long as you understand that. LMAO

13. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Well as far as flatties go you have all ready won.

14. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste

Doesn't look like my local station is showing it Saturday, pledge drive or something. I guess I'll have to settle for a second hand account of what they showed.

15. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Sparky, Yes I do use the same rig for Flatheads. If I'm running 4 rods 2 of them have the no roll rig and 2 have a modified 3 way or Paternoster rig. The no-rolls get casted out by the log jam. ( Outlines ) The 3 ways go directly under the boat. (Downlines ) I use the no roll when I cast tight to the snags so I can keep the large livebait on a short leash. To prevent the bait from swimming into the snag or hiding somehow. I just cast him out, wait to feel the sinker hit bottom, feel the bait struggle a little then give him about 2 inches of line. Set the rod in the holder and wait. It's been a tie on which rig has caught more Flatheads in my boat so far this year.

Dan

16. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Thats very interesting. I don't have the true no roll sinkers with the hole down the middle. What I do have are home made flat sinkers with a swivel attached to it. I'm sure it would do the same thing. For what it's worth, I'm going to give it a try.
    Thanks
    Sparky