Sooners!

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Ok, Lawrence, it is next august:big_smile:

what about them sooners?:wink:

first game was nothing, and they lagged a little against cincy, but they looked good when it was done. might just be the year for stoops second mnc:smile2:

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think they looked a little ragged that first 1/2 against Cincy. I think them getting use to the no huddle is throwing Bradford off a little, should settle into it pretty soon. The 2nd half he opened it up though. He just didnt look comfortable throwing as he did last year.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Well, Phil, I think I learned from my mistakes. I'm not gonna talk about them until mid-January, if then. LOL. I don't want to be mistaken for an OSU fan... and thats not the ones in Stillwater. LOL

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Phil glad to see ya reporting on the "RIGHT-TEAM".......:wink: I think you was confused for a while there.....probably from fishing all those OKC lakes with skipeye!!!:tounge_out::wink: Go SOONERS!!!

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    There is a difference? Ya'll will get a kick out of this.....I work out here with a guy from Oklahoma, who is an OSU fan.........His last name is Switzer and he is from Moore......and he kind of even looks like old Barry.......

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    What ever happend to the QB that won the Heisman?

7. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    You referring to Jason White? As I understand it, he has gone into restaurant ownership, and seems to be doing quite a bit with the other living Sooner Heisman Winners. And, he is doing a lot for charity. Shame he didn't make it in the Pro's as he sure is a good ambassador for college sports.

8. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey is him and Billy Simms doing BBQ together? Billy Simms has a BBQ place up in Tulsa, you ever up that way drop in, pretty interesting place and excellant BBQ.

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Actually he has 2 locations now one in Tulsa and the other is in Edmond. He sells OU T-shirts, and other stuff there also.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    How about the other 2 QBs that had similiar last names. Huepfel?

11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hookem horns 2008/2009 Nat Champs lol:smile2::smile2::crazy:

12. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe Hybil is still playing in the European leagues. The other, Josh, LOL, is the quarterback coach at OU. I personally believe he is the prime reason the OU quarterbacks since the crook has developed as they have. Paul Thompson would never have been as successful without Josh's help... nor Sam Bradford.

Jason White has a couple of sports shops, well, quite a few actually. He has a deal with the Homeland grocery chain to sell sports stuff (hats tee shirts, etc) in the grocery stores. And as I said earlier, he is very big in doing Charity endorsements.

13. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    "Sooner born, Sooner bred, when I die I'll be Sooner dead". Win, lose or draw I'll always be a Sooner fan. I'm not sold on this spread, no huddle stuff, kind of miss the 'ol wishbone days, and the good 'ol Big 8 and the OU-Nebraska rivalary.
    :smile2:

14. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I'm a born and bRed Husker fan, and I miss the days when we'd play each other every year. And it was ALWAYS a big game... Switzer vs. Osborne...some of the best games in college football history right there.

When the Big 12 formed, we were told that Colorado is our new rival. Sure, I hate the Buffs, but you just can't force a rivalry.

NU vs. OU this year should be pretty good. Stoops and Pelini are from the same hometown, Pelini coached defense at OU for a while... I could see this returning to the rivalry it used to be. Here's hoping we meet up at the Big 12 Championship every year.

15. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Texas wins a national championship once every 50 years, and then that's all we hear about. LOL