Sooners and Ducks..thievery at work

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Phil Washburn, Sep 16, 2006.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    altho i will be the first to say the sooners aren't playing well, to have the officials give the game to the ducks on 2 very clear and very wrong calls is just wrong. i think there should be a mechanism in place to overturn bad calls by bad officials.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    er, was the ref crew the same one at texas tech? Thats two games won by the refs. But, the team should have played good enought to have not left the game in the hands of the referees.

3. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    They were two very bad calls, but bad calls are and have always been part of football. OU should have stepped it up, despite the bad calls. I was actually pulling for the Sooners.

4. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That was blataint cheating the ref must have been bought. OU played like crap the first half but they won the game fair and square. There needs to be an investigastion IMO.

5. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Yep, OU got the big one by the refs. So the Big 12 went 0 for 3 in the top 25 games today. :sad2: At least they weren't conference games, and I'm not crying that Nebraska got beat by USC (who'll probably be #2 or 3 on Monday.)

SudDawg

6. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

What a bummer.

I was not able to watch the game (or any game).

Not sure what a solution is though.

7. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Turns out it wasn't the officials fault that they made bad calls in the OU/Oregon game. Someone stole their seeing eye dogs, and they had to do the best they could.................

:choler:

8. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Those were some bad calls. I feel for the Sooners.

9. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    i think the onsides call was bad not real sure about if that pass was tipped or not all i know is it couldnt have happened to a better team.

10. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    The entire crew,including re-play staff,has been suspended for 1 game.There is no mechinism in place to change the outcome of the game once its over.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    the thing is, the replay crew had the same view as the fans at home. they were suspended because of what the pac 10 officials saw watching the same replay.

keeping that in mind, one must come to the conclusion the replay guys are either incompetent or they intentionally let the call stand without regards to clear and compelling evidence.

pac 10 officials said they are competent, so that only leaves one explanation for not calling the plays properly.........

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

totally unacceptable........yet, it is over and done with. no provisions in place to prevent the officials from throwing another game:angry:

13. gater460

gater460 New Member

State:
    eldon,mo
    ill say what i was told when the samething use to happen to nebraska all the time a great team should be able to over come those small things. would you like some cheese with that wyninng??

14. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    no, Ron...but how about some spell check for your lesser education?:embarassed:

if you are going to insult someone junior, you better have all your ducks in a row:lol:

15. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    My present concern is with the supposed sooner fan who called the replay officials residence with a death threat against the official and members of his immediate family. If this is true, and the sooner fan is discovered, I hope he receives one hellish prison sentence. It is a game, and yes, it's consequences may mean millions of dollars for the University of Oklahoma and the state as well. But, it still gives no one the right to threaten life. I can see some law suits out of this come December if OU winds up with 2 losses and does not receive a BCS bowl berth. That is where the loss of millions of dollars will occur, and I think the PAC 10 wallets will be emptied somewhat.

16. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Lawrence, that post was made on a sooner board that i visit from time to time. the MEDIA said it was a sooner fan, but the so-called threatener has not been identified. could be a sooner, maybe not. doesn't matter, he is a fool, if it actually happened.

mea culpa, Lawrence - i just reread where you said "supposed".
    sorry

17. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Sorry buddy, I live in Husker nation..... YUCK!!! Born here, raised here. OU has always had a balanced team, with the passing and the throwing. No options every three downs.........

Anyway, the Sooners lost to USC to poor officiating, the Huskers lost because the coach played a conservative game after his quaterback took ONE BAD HIT. Which would you rather lose too? Poor coaching, or poor officials? Honestly???

Go OU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I meant OU lost to the ducks, not usc. Please forgive my poor typing skills, but the Huskers STILL lost ot a poor coach, and NOT to poor officiating. And if you had a choice, how would you chose to loose? Honestly?

19. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Aw, I found another Bill Callahan hater! You can allways turn into an Ohio fan, since that's were Frank Solich went. Can you imagine him coaching Nebraska against USC? Callahan and his assistants can recruit with the best in the nation, and the option attack was dead 5 years ago when Eric Crouch (one of Tom Osborne's recruits) was man handled by Miami for the National Championship. I'm sticking with Callahan, especially his game calling against USC. The predominant running took time away from USC's offense, which we see what they can do in just a short amount of time. And Nebraska had it's chances, but blew them.

But I'll agree that if your team is good, the officials shouldn't be the difference in the outcome of the game. But that being said, it still makes you mad to see when your team gets "hosed."

SudDawg