Sooner Reservoir trip 1-1-07

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by beakus, Dec 11, 2006.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    me and a few buddies are planing a trip to the warm waters of sooner res. on new years day to start the year out right,any body interested let me know.

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Beakus,

My brother and I might be in. Are you planning to fish from boat, or bank? We went yesterday, it was too damm windy though, at least for my 16' flatbottom. Looks like a nice lake though, if the wind was calmer. We cruised around the lake, did not see a single fish on the depthfinder however.:angry:

Was amazing though, the water at the bouy line was 10 degrees warmer, than at the ramp. 51 degrees vs 41 degrees.

Another thing, make sure you take bait with you, we could not find any shad to save our butts. Some guys we talked to said they are there, and they are huge, but we could not find any. The locals told us they are very hard to come by.

Keep me posted about the first, we might venture down there.

3. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    Well probibly make the treck in on foot and go to the discharge area above the bouies.we havent been before so your ahead of us.i was thinking of going to kaw and getting some shad the day before and putting them on ice.the wind is the only draw back for me also,down there i dont think it ever stops blowing,just lets up!i'll keep you posted.