Sooner lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 93catfisherman, Dec 28, 2008.

1. 93catfisherman

93catfisherman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well went fishin today up at Sooner. Probably there about, I'd say 2 hours, barely even saw any signs of a fish. The only thing i saw were two carp that jumped outta the water. Nobody else caught anything either. :confused2:
    But i took what minnows i had left and went home to a pond that our neighbor owns. Again no catfish, but i did catch five or six bass:roll_eyes:.
    So i didn't get completely skunked.
    Any tips?

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    i advise to fish with shad and fish in deep water this time of year. blues now are full of shad , minnows are allright but shad are the prefered diet for mr. catfish

3. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree with Steven. You must make every effort to get some fresh shad for bait. Try fishing the deep water in or very close to the main river channel in your lake during the cold winter months. Shad may be hard to come by unless you have a large throw net this time of year but it will be well worth your trouble. Good luck!

4. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    welcome to boc grandfisher!

5. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Steven! I'm finding a lot of knowledgeable catfishermen here. I hope I can contribute.