Sooner Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TDawgNOk, Jul 19, 2007.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Think I may just have to try Sooner Lake this weekend if I get the chance.

Anyone know anything about it other than it is a windy lake?

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Tony,

Will you be fishing by boat or shore? If your planning on shore fishing, theres probably better (closer) choices than Sooner. The lake is chopped full on sandies, hybrids and some stripers. The fishing for them is good year round by boat. You can troll the creek channels, work from the cold water intake and work your way down that shoreline and any of the shorelines on the south or north end of the lakes for them bass species. Fish flooded timber and points for catfish incuding the creek channels. The hot water outlet is better in the winter than this time of year. You can get close by a mile plus hike probably not worth the hike right now is better from late Oct thur Mar.

3. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris,

Right now the plan is to fish by boat Sunday evening. Durring the daytime I'm gonna fish the creek on the other side of the road from the spillway. It is on private property. The water flows over the spillway, under the road, then over another small spillway, then the creek splits into 2 seperate creeks. I'm going to try and get some pictures this weekend while we are there. I know that my friend Scott who came to Keystone on Sat with the bass boat caught several hundered sandies there earlier this spring.

Attached Files:

4. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Chris, what do you think of the area that I'll be fishing from shore??? (where the two creeks Y just after the spillway after it crosses under the road)

5. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Sounds like a winner to me. If not while your in the boat you will at least be able to catch all the sandies and hybrids you want.

6. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    yeah, I'm taking the BIG ice chest to bring filets back.

Hopefully between 4 of us fishing, we will be able to catch enough to fill my freezer with fish.