Sooner lake rookie report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outdoorsaddict, Sep 6, 2009.

1. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I had no sucess today on Sooner. Took the wife and kids. Probably got there too late and left to early for the good bite. Caught 4 fish. Struggled to find bait. Caught some gills but prefer shad. Whites surfaced a little over deep water but never stayed up long enough to do any good. Drift for cats was poor at best. First trip to Sooner so some of the guys familiar with the lake may have tore them up but definitely not the case for me and the family. Matt

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Switch to a different lake. Sooner is not that good for blues.

3. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Went to Sooner for a change of pace. Wasn't up for the crowd at Kaw on the holiday weekend. I am up for fishing for anything that is biting well when the wife and kids are along. Didn't have to be blues. I just couldn't make anything happen for any species. My kids love to fish when it is catching. I want to keep them passionate about the outdoors and spending time as a family.

4. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    just keep them going with you and they will stay interested....good for you though for taking them with you, i wish more people would do that....

WELCOME TO THE BOC!!! btw

j