Soon to be new in the area...

Discussion in 'LOCAL WASHINGTON TALK' started by JustinGarner, Oct 15, 2009.

1. JustinGarner

JustinGarner New Member

State:
    Topeka, KS
    Hello all! If the Username doesn't give it away, my name is Justin, and I'll soon be joining the ranks of the catfishing elite ;) in the great state of Washington, more specifically, the Fort Lewis area. I'm currently deployed to Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and just found out that my return orders are to Fort Lewis, WA. If I could just get some insight as to hot spots, how early/late in the year the cats are game, and what kind of baits are working best in the NW, I'd be forever in debt to you and would be more than happy to share any knowledge I may have that you may not. Thank you all and take care!

2. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hey Justin, I posted a similar message on here and did'nt get any takers. I don't think theres alot of members here in WAshington. Although they have blues, channels, and some flats here most of the fishing is salmon, trout, sturgeon, and halibut. I'm about an hour and a half from lewis to the north. A place called arlington. When you getting in the area? Keep in touch and if you have any questions I'll do my best to help you out. Send me a private message if you need something.

3. JustinGarner

JustinGarner New Member

State:
    Topeka, KS
    I'll report to Fort Lewis mid-to-late January, ready to FISH!!! We'll have to work on spreading the word of the BOC in Washington, huh? We'll definitely have to meet up sometime and try and get us some monster cats! I've also heard the Musky fishing up there is pretty good, but I'm a cat man myself, so we'll see how it all works out. Thanks for the reply!

4. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Thanks for lending your knowledge :cool2: