Soon there will be Reprocussions

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by whisker maniac, Jan 12, 2009.

1. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    We have noticed more and more folks either without avatars or inappropriate avatars.

If you are having trouble gettin an avatar posted or don't know how or can't resize your pic so you can post it just send it to me and I will fix your pic for you by resizing it and then I will send it to a mod for them to go in and put it in your profile for your avatar.

Just remember avatars have to be pictures of yourself.

It is always nice to see who you are talking to. Gives everyone a friendly perspective.

Here is the e-mail addy to send your pics to for me to fix.
    whiskerwarrior@yahoo.com

Thanks for all your cooperation in this matter.
    Kevin Thompson

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    you see i got the catfish1.com on my avatar i think im speacial

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    LOL I'm certain of it!

4. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Indeed... lol.

Just don't tell Richard that logo is actually a tracking device, so's the moderators can keep a closer watch on him :wink:

:smile2:

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Indeed, you are!

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You are special. So special that they broke your mold.:smile2:

7. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    I was suprised when I got my warning. Hey now I know and no issues since.

8. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Catoon, we love ya man! Where is your clown avatar?

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
  10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    No, here are the rules.

9. Avatar and Profile Pictures, Signature Rules

The Avatar picture option was created to allow members to visually identify who they are talking to and create an atmosphere of friendship by sharing your personal image, "Your face". This option does create a more favorable environment for all and is strictly voluntary to participate in.

The Avatar picture option will only contain a relatively recent recognizable photo of yourself and will not be abused by placing advertisements, pictures of dogs, cats, cartoons, or other images or other forms of animated media.

The Profile picture can be used to display another photo that you like as long as the picture is in good taste and does not contain advertisements.

The signature section of your profile may contain no more than 4 lines. Signatures which are too long, do not conform with the other rules regarding signatures, or which interfere with the display or readability of messages will be edited or removed.

11. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Not to be contrary...and as you can see, I utilize the avatar option...and appreciate when others do, but you are making it sound like it is a requirement to have one. ...Just sayin'. Is it no longer optional?

12. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    the man said get a avatar .if he wants every one to have a avatar thats his buisness.i think he is saying any one that doesnt have one he will help them.thats why you aint got the catfish1.com on your avatar .nah nah nah

13. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    You are right tom and matt. It isn't mandatory to have an avatar but if you do have one then there are rules to follow.

If anyone one wants an avatar but don't know how to go about it then I am here to help.

Most contests are restricted to those that are star members and that have a proper avatar.. and have at least their first name and state in which they are from. This is just one good reason to have a proper avatar.

It also promotes a good a friendly atmosphere... It is always nice to have an idea of who you are talking to.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    You are absolutely correct, it is much better to have an avitar and of course there are rules to guide one on having it. I like seeing who I am "talking" to, well, in most cases. LOL

15. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    PERSONALLY I LIKE TO SEE WHO IME TALKING TO. I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT STATE AND TOWN. THAT WAY YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO FISH TOGETHER. tHANKS sAM DAVIS

16. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    when i first came to the BOC i got 2 points for this reasen i miss read the rules wasent warnd till it was to late every one has ben give warning i comply with the rules as most hear do thear has ben a few hear thats tryed being nice and giving new comers a heads up on this in return geting smarted off to so nun of use give this heads up anymore i myself feel i know you a little better if i see you you can tell a lot about some ones personalaty just from a pic just my 2 cents

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Just get a pic up, more folks will respond to you that way.

18. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    you are right ozzy i feel like if you take the time to put on a pic you are sereuse about being hear and partisapating and not just hear to cause trouble

19. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    I just use the state since it's not always safe to give your exact location...esp if your pic is a true relection of what you actually look like and mine is, and if you live in a small town. In my case we live in the area of a small town-- we are in a rural subdivision, but I totally understand why someone wouldn't list their town.

Not trying to talk anyone OUT of it, just saying that some folks are a little leery of that, I will tell someone where I live in general area. and in pm where I know exactly who I am talking to, will get more specific.

Everyone on the internet is NOT nice, even though most of our members seem to be wonderful people.,, as evidenced by Commando's recent letter that was posted.