Son's New PB blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by rwilley3, May 13, 2007.

1. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    My 14 year old son done put a whooping on old dad yest as far as PB's go. I have been stuck at 43# for about 3 years. He had a 38# year before last then 39# last year. Yesterday he set a new standard at a whopping 60#. Gave him quite a tussle for about 15-20 min. I wasn't too good a net man(too nervous I guess) but we managed. People 5 miles away probably heard us holler once we got him in the boat. I wish now I had taken some measurements becuase he looked like an enormous football. The one pic with fish over side is him being released so I can up my PB next year hopefully after he has time to grow up.:big_smile: I already posted pics under MS State Thread under World Class Catfishing Part 4 if anyone wants to see them. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23487

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Roger tell your son congradulation on his PB. That boy is a natural born fisherman. How proud do you feel playing catch up?:lol: :big_smile:

3. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Roger Congrats to u and ur son on his PB.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good job to ya, now you have a new record to beat.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Congrats to your son! Glad to hear that you two had such a great time! I can just imagine how I would be shaking trying to net a monster like that!

6. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    Im there with ya. My son's 42lb blue broke my PB of 34lbs. Them kids, but if it was like us...I enjoyed watching him catch his more than my own. Congrats.

Craig

7. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Congrats to you and your son!:cool2:

8. slipbobber

slipbobber New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    roger like i tell everyone when my 10 yr old smokes me, I can set back and watch my boy to make sure he uses everything i have taught him...even though i am fishing my guts out and coming up empty handed. 1 little kids tournament he caught like 63lbs of catfish in 4hrs. all the other kids was just crowded around him lol..

9. Cheez

Cheez New Member

State:
    Trion,GA
    Way to go. For a 14 year old to land a 60 pound blue is quite an accomplishment. A lot of grownups have not done that well.
    Me for one.
    Congratulations.

Cheez

10. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Yea Cheez that makes 2 of us. I am going to keep trying though.

11. turtle1173

turtle1173 Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    That's a great story Roger. It's good for the son to have "1 up" on ol' Dad.

I feel your pain, except my situation is reversed. Unfortunately, I let my Dad grab the pole 2 weeks ago and now Dad has me beat! LOL His best cat before that trip was 12 lbs. By the end of the day, he had a 71 :sad2:

Hopefully you can best your son here soon, so you can do some rubbing it in on him!

12. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    LOL My boy out fishes me all the time!!!!! Gongrats on his fish!!!:cool2: