Sons first

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by smitty1963, Aug 2, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Whooooooo hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! My son finally caught his first catfish last night while we were fishing Mill Creek:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:.
    This fishing trip started out being a family outing with my wife, daughter and son we got everything set up at about 6PM and lines in the water, unfortunately the bite was real slow by 9:30 PM only my wife and daughter had caught anythng a couple of small blue cats, by this time my 16 year old son was getting discouraged I told him to not worry about it because sometimes Mr. Whiskers liked to take his time:wink:
    About 11:30 my wife had to take my daughter home because she had to wake up early and go to work. As my son and I were sitting there talking about his upcoming football practice and how he was lookng forward to playing for his high school this year his pole almost launched it self out of the rod holder I thought I was going to have a heart attack I was laughing so hard because he almost tripped over his own feet getting to his pole, once he got his rod in his hand and set the hook the fight was on. After several oh my gods he fnally got it to the bank, he was really excited because it was his first catfish ever and it was a 21 inch channel cat:big_smile:.
    I think I was happier than he was, it was then that I realized life dont get much better than this.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    No it don't. LOL! Thanx for the story.:wink:

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on your son's first cat. Keep up the good work of promoting our sport

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Glad he got a nice one

5. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Sounds like he may be hooked too!

6. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ken, congrats on a good time!!!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ken congrats to you and the family for spending quality time together. Proud for your sons first fish.

8. kjacks

kjacks New Member

State:
    virginia
    Congrats. That will take the pressure off. Where is Mill Creek?

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pretty cool Ken. My congrats to your son on his fish and to you on the good feelings...