Son's 1st fish ever and my first Flathead Catfish of the year!

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Me and my boys had a pretty good time last night. We got on the Colorado around 5:00 pm. Got to a bluegill spot and started the night. My youngest (Dominick age 5) got his first fish ever! He hooked a bluegill that was a SLAB! i helped him to get it into the boat and it starts flopping around. My son threw his rod down and took off to the other end of the boat:smile2:! After we got a few more 'gills, we moved off to the first flathead spot. We were there for around 5 minutes before we got our first bite. I set the hook and give it my other son Donte) so he could get his first flat of the year but it got off. A few miuntes later two poles got hit, one after the other! Reeling them in, both fish got off:confused2:!! I was done playing around. I took the little hooks off (5/0) that I had been using this winter and put some 7/0 hooks on. It took about another few minutes and I was hooked into another one. Got him to the boat and weighed him at 3.5 lbs. I forgot my camera at home:beat_brick: so he got released right away. A few minutes later, my son got one that weighed in at 2.25lbs. He got some pics with his phone and released his too. After that, the wind picked up big time! We tried to move to a few other spots and deal with it but we got moved off so I threw in the towel and came back in so we could live to fish another day!:wink:

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Con grads to your youngest son on hi first fish ever.Now you know after the first scare he'll be out after dads PB don't you.
    And Con Grads to you on the first Flat of the yr.Hope you and your boys catch many,many more.

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Congrats on your son's first fish, that is great!

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A big congrats to your son's 1st fish. And congrats to you for taking your son fishing and helping him make memories that will last a lifetime!!:wink: WTG to start the New Year by catching some nice fish. Flatheads are some good eating. Tried Flathead catfish for the first time this weekend. Gosh! Fine eating!! I was missing out!!

5. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    Thats awesome reps off to ya. More people need to take there kids fishin.

6. kcgeoff

kcgeoff New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Tell your son congrats on his first fish! Awesome!

7. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congratulations to your son for catching is 1st fish!

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Reps to you and your sons!

Spring is here!:cool2:

9. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ok ,you get 20 lashes for forgetting the camera, LOL.

Thanks for sharing the story and a big congrats on the first fish. I can tell how happy you are from your post,,,great job !!

10. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I HAVE TO AGREE 100% .the fishing is great ,IMHO the most important thing you were doing was spending time with your children

11. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    Congrats to your son son on his first fish:smile2::smile2:

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Congrats on your sons first fish. :wink:

13. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks everybody! My boys and I are hoping to get some good amount of time on the water this year. My little one wont stop asking me me when we are going out again!:smile2:

14. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on your sons first fish.

15. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    Congrats.. I was out that night too.. It was pretty nasty. We got one about 3 pds early in the morning.

16. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    congrats on the first catches of the year, hope the son didn't learn to drop the pole and run from you :smile2:

17. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Thats a great deal, he s probalby hooked now, nothing better than to watch you kids catchin, thats better than you cathin

18. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    There is nothing better than seeing the face of your son or grandson when they get that first one, be it bluegill or cat,, Its great..Way to Go .:smile2:

19. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a fun and exciting time on the water. Congrats

20. shawn34

shawn34 New Member

State:
    nc
    congrats to your son

eat..sleep.go..fishing