sonnys

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by youngbuck, Mar 10, 2008.

1. youngbuck

youngbuck New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has any one ever used sonnys sticky channel cat bait just bought some. Did it work?

2. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Yes,I have used Sonny's Super Sticky Catfish bait a lot. Yes,it does work good for catching nice eating size channel cats. Every once in awhile you'll even catch a bigger catfish. I have caught channel cats as big as 15 lbs. off of it. I know the man that makes that bait real well,in fact I only live about 20 miles from him and buy my bait directly from him where he makes the bait.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thanks Glen...

I use Sonnys also with good results.I alwas have some in the boat when I go and its my go to bait most times.

Its being used more and more around here and now I seen yesterday that our local Wallmart is selling it.

Tell your freind thanks for some outstanding cat slapping bait..

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I use Sonnys Super Sticky Blood bait. I prefer live or cut bait, but I always carry some of Sonnys in my boat.

5. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    sonnys is my #1 stinkbait i use. harth stink bait is pretty good also. i think the best holders are the magic bait bign bait holders not the tube ones but the mesh type they laet longest in the water without washing off the bait. good luck, chris

6. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I've some of loopers rigs that I can't wait to try.
    have a good one
    just

7. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i have a small bait store, & we sell a lot of sonnys for the guys that fish for channels, it is there favorite stink bait. and they do get a lot of channels with it. i would say that it will work good for you

8. phishnutz

phishnutz New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I don't think you can go wrong if you're looking to catch some good eaters with it. You'll darn sure get hits on it. Good luck!

9. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I use sonny's and have good success with it. There are some days I can only get one pole in the water. Can't believe there is many baits better. JMO

10. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I don't think I have to say witch bait holder I use, Sonny's is probly the best around my part of country it will put the eater size cats in the boat for sure.
    Loop

11. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have used all kinds of brands of Stink bait in still and moving water. Sonny's regular formula is the best ive used. You have to use it for couple hours before bigger cats move in as scent trail is established. Works best in super fast water after big rain.

12. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have gotten alot of luck with that bait.

13. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    for sure a great bait if your not going with live or cut.

14. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I like it better than peanutbutter!:big_smile:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Farmington Iowa-home of sonnys-great lill country town on the DesMion River,Indian lake -nice lake and Shimick Forrest all round......I might knows where its at?.....might of been there a time or two:wink:
    Good bait fer sure!

16. Wolfdog

Wolfdog New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sonny's is a very good bait .

17. KEITH GRUMMEL

KEITH GRUMMEL New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    I LIKE IT ALOT. IT SEEMS TO WORK GOOD

18. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Kaleb I use it alot for channels around our area. Walmart use to carry it but I have not seen it there as of late. It looks like I have to go to Cabela's now to get it. Let me know if you find it around Topeka some where.

19. catman fl

catman fl New Member

State:
    fl
    one of my go to baits when I want a lot of channels. one of the best.

20. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I agree with everyone. Sonny's is probably the best catfish stinkbait I've used. Had great results using this stuff and has the best consistency for staying on my tubie worms without washing off. I can go at least 20min to 30min in a slow current without changing to another tubie with fresh bait.:0a26::0a18:

Mark..