Sonny's super sticky

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by catfish_jordan, Sep 9, 2006.

1. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    now ive herd good things about sonny's but i want to know what the boc has to say.o by the way i have regular formula.:big_smile:

dont let your kid be the one that got away

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I been usin the blood formula that wally world offers. In my avatar, is a 5 lb cat that I caught using Sonnys blood formula. And my son caught a little cat with the same stuff, at almost the exact same time!

I wondering does stink bait work good in a river, or does it wash off?

3. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have heard it was good stuff. myself, i'm a junnies wicked sticky man! i am convinced, in warm water, there is no better channel cat bait on the planet!

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I'm a blood guy myself, I have been using Sonny's for about 4 years now, and it's hard to beat. I have caught a 8lb blue and a 10lb channel on it. All around consistent bait. They make it in Farmington Iowa, about 30 miles from here. Later Andy

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I been a Sonny's fan for bout 4 years till I put on some Danny Kings a year ago. I only use DK's now. Not as messy at all and the fish in my avatar was all caught in a hour on DK's.

6. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    been using sonnys regular in the mississippi river for years. i have caught thousands of small to middlin' channels on it. have caught some really decent flatheads too. my wife's personal best flat, 29#, was caught on sonnys.
    larry

7. steveg442

steveg442 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I started using sonny's this summer. It would be hard to believe that there are better baits out there. I have had great success this summer with it.

8. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Sonny's is an excellent bait, but like was stated earlier, Junnie's baits are the way to go. Cattracker Bait Company products like Wicked Sticky and Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher are all I use anymore. After extensive testing with every stink bait I could get my hands on, Junnie's products outperform the competition EVERY time. God bless.

9. Luscious Jackson

Luscious Jackson New Member

State:
    IL
    I've had decent luck with both formulas as well in both lakes and rivers. In lakes, that stuff will stick FOREVER.

10. catfishslayer

catfishslayer New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I perfer the blood Hog wild works great also original and th blood!

11. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Sonny's is the only way to go I fish the neuse river and this summer I have cout 50 to 70 fish with it.I have seen a 20 pound flathead cout on it to.I never leave home with out it.:big_smile:

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have done well with all the above mentioned baits on channel cats. I have learned that the best bait is the one the cats prefer on the lake and the day I'm fishing.So I suggest you carry a variety of named baits and try them all. Good Fishing

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree bro.....I have in my ugly stick bag (bait bag) Sonny's (blood), Wicked Sticky, Hog Wild, Anchovie Salt, Danny Kings original (my foavorite). Sometimes the bite changes. I also take with me my home raised red worms to use for small painfish (bait or eater), chiken livers. That it.:wink: I do pretty good bur be ready to change up when needed:wink:

14. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I have not been a fan of stink bait until this past summer and fall. A buddy of mine fished sonny's and turned me on to it. I caught and seen him catch several channels on it as opposed to my regular offering of cut bait. So I purchased me a few pales as well. Nothing big was caught on it, but it did seem to be the choice of channels at the river and lakes I fished in the 1-4 pound range. A buddy caught a 12 pounder on it in Aug. So now when I roll out, I carry some just in case the channels want to be choosy. It a great channel cat bait.

15. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah Sonnys is now at the top of my list now also. I had fished for three nights in a row when I got to Georgia and then I bought a jar of sonnys and it quickly became my go to bait with channels up to 9 lbs

16. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I posted earlier that I been usin Sonnys..... But after seein what a buddy of mine has been catchin with liver lately, I switched. Sonnys is and will always be with me in my fishin bucket, and Ill use it if my liver starts to not be productive. I gotta get me some photos of thes 8-14 pounders we been gettin with chicken livers! I guess this is the time of year when the cats and all fish are gettin their feed bag on. I even caught a big ol blue gill on liver this past weekend! But Sonnys's will be my back up!

Kenny

17. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    SOnny's is one of my favorites, especially when it get really hot in the summer. I use both original and blood formula.

18. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    By a Missouri Conservation Agent (Game Warden)he told me to my face if you're wantin channelcat you got to get Sonny's So a couple years ago I got some,and he was right I started catchin some nice eaters.This year however 2006 has been terrible!I couldn't get a bite on Sonny's or DK.I was terribly disappointed with DK I fish the Missouri River as many of you know and DK never did get a nudge.I contacted the staff and told them it smelled like fresh strawberrys.They told me it still needed to Age so maybe next year beats the heck outta me!!!!:big_smile: :big_smile:

19. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    DK hasn't been a worth a darn for me either. Maybe we both got a bad batch?

20. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I suppose its possible that stink bait manufacturers make a few bad batches. I cant imagine any stinkbaits smelling like strawberries, or anything sweet. But I DO BELEIVE YOU! Its possible that they made a batch that just wasnt right. Where I work, we make a few thousand a month out of 20+ million that arent right.

Tight lines to ya!!!

Kenny