Sonny's super sticky Catfish Bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by deadly_legend, Sep 1, 2008.

1. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Well, I decided to go fishing in the Ohio today, and I went around 3:45pm. Before I went i decided to go and see if the local bait shop had any of the dip bait people on here have been talking about and saying it was good. Well they did, and I was honestly excited to get to the river and test it out for myself. Well, i casted out, and about 5 minutes later i caught a nice little cat, so, I was pleased with the bait, size isn't all the important to me, I just like being by the water and relaxing while doing something I love. But, i think I will see if I can get my curfew till about 1-2 in the morning, that way i can give it a full test when the fishing is better. But, I like it, and im glad I heard about it from you all. :big_smile:

Josh

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Josh Welcome to the BOC. Sonny Super Sticky is a good dip bait . I have caught several on the Ohio with the blood formula,

3. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    It is for sure one of the best dip baits I've used.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Josh.

5. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I use the blood bait myself, but I'm pretty sure it don't matter. Sonny himself is quite a fisherman, and he has taken his boys on several vacations to fish the Ohio River. Why don't you write him a note if you like his bait, the addy is on the container. I can tell you he reads all of his mail, and he does return calls. I have told Sonny that he has been a topic of a lot of posts here on the BOC, and he should look on a computer to check it out. The exact words was I'm 71 years old don't want or need a computer. LOL
    Later Andy

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    welcome josh the BOC is the place to be when your not fishing:cool2:

7. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Thanks Mickey, J.C., and Dallas

and I think I will write him a note, since it was the first fish I've caught out of the river in about a year...

8. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I use it all the time i love the stuff been using it for about 7 years used to order it by the case , now i order it in 5 gallon bucket have caught 1000s of catfish with it .

9. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I went and bought some after reading rave reviews about it but when I used it I didn't even get a bite. I used it stuffed in a rubber worm like tube. How do you guys fish with it? I also have a question about the consistency. I've never used dip baits before so I don't know what it's suppose to be like. I wasn't able to dip it though, the stuff I have has the consistency of fudge. I had to pack it in the tubes, What should it be like? :eek:oooh:

10. Mr.Seaguar

Mr.Seaguar New Member

State:
    Sioux Center, Iowa
    In order for Sonnys to work it needs to be warm so it can stay soft. The softer it is the better it stays on the worm. Add some vegetable oil to soften it up but if you just warm it up it should get more like soft pudding. I`ve had to start fires to keep the bait warm a few times. Good Luck.

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like to keep the consistency of a thick milkshake. I also prefer the looper rig as a bait holder. Once you have it mixed right just push your looper rig down in the bait with a stick and cast to your favorite spot. The fish will find it.

12. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    josh were are you fishing? i may be able to point you to some better spots close to evansville..

13. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    well, i fish down at the river....i walk down all the rocks down at the riverfront between the LST and Aztar, and also by Kaseys General Store under the Bridge (Pigeon Creek), which i actually had luck there

14. Bill Harris

Bill Harris New Member

hey guys, this stuff does work, better than chicken livers! I use the bait worm with ridgges and holes in them for better holding. If they don't bite in 20 minutes then moves a bit. I only use Bloodand all it catches id Blues and Channels cats.Xtra sicky is ok but you'll catch all kinds of trash fish, mainly Big Buffalo...which are fun to catch...lol

15. Bill Harris

Bill Harris New Member

Biga, nice Blue ya got there!Do you ever come to Mississippi for fishing/Columbus..Tom Bigbee river

16. kayakcatfish

kayakcatfish New Member

State:
    MD
    It works well in MD too. Even if you drop the container overboard (kayak). Decided I may as well sit still. They will be coming. Had to switch to worms, but they came to me until the morning rush was over. I've taken it to different spots in southern Maryland. It catches while others are scratching their heads.

17. cz-5

cz-5 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't know what the heck they put in Sonny's but its catfish crack. I've found that it's lake specific. Some lakes it works great and other lakes it hardly works at all.

18. Bill Harris

Bill Harris New Member

With Sonnys, if the fish don't bite within 20 minutes or so then you need to move a bit. I have used this stuff for years, in lakes pond an rivers both with strong current and fairly calm water. Be sure and set it well before casting and it will stay on better. I catch Blues and Channels on this bait...you really can't beat it!!

19. Bill Harris

Bill Harris New Member

Hi Adam, that's a nice Blue ya got there!! I can taste those fillet's now...lol

20. HAMFIST

HAMFIST New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Cool thread. I am only starting to get interested in targeting cats specifically, having spent a week with my lovely bride and kids camping near the juncture of the Trempealeau River and the Mississippi.

I caught some decent channel cats on stink bait, but missed the overwhelming majority of strikes. One cat we landed on a crawler, as we unhooked it, proceeded to puke up a bunch of my stink bait. So it seems keeping this stuff in a tube and sponge bait is kind of tough.

Is it the consensus here that this super-sticky stuff would be more durable and less likely to be slurped or bumped off the bait?