Sonnys stink bait

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by turk, Jun 22, 2009.

1. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Is there anyone in the upstate that sells sonnys stink bait? thanks

2. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    Stan, Sonnys doesn't advertise on our BOC site so probably no one is to interested in posting the answer to your question. I buy sonnys by the 5 gal , and use it all the time but I'm not going to answer. Be sure and check Wildwolf Products for Dip Bait Worms tho.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Stan Welcome to the BOC. Sonnys.com can be googled for information. It can also be ordered from Catfish connection. 1-800-929-5025. I'm always happy to help a new person out with their favorite baits. I would also suggest you check out our BOC Sponsors for other sale items.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well I can tell you Sonny is in his 70's and has said he don't want or need no Damn computer. He is a great guy, and it is a family run operation about 30 miles from me. He will send you some if you call or mail him. Later Andy

5. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I thought this forum was for people who had the same interests (Catfishing) that could login in and ask questions or give advice to fellow members.

Why would any member of this board be so dam pathetic to not answer a fellow members question just because it involves a product that does not advertise with this site? Is this site really boiled down to who does or does not advertise with this board.

Dont get me wrong I try to buy products from companys that support this site as well BUT I would never post an answer to a fellow members question that "Yes I know the answer but Im not going to tell you because they dont advertise with us".

This to me is in very poor taste and goes against everything that I believed about the members of this site. I know that most fellow members here would give the shirt of there backs to help a fellow member but there are some that just should not post anything at all if they are going to have this type of attitude.

If I used this product and knew where to get it I would be more than glad to post the answer to help a fellow member because that is what this site is supposed to be all about is helping others.

If this site still allowed me to take rep (mojo or whatever you want to call it away) from members like this, I would do it in a heart beat.

HELP YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS BECAUSE ONE DAY YOU MIGHT NEED TO BE HELPED!

6. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thumb, Thanks for the post. I was thinking the same thing. I dont really care if sonnys advertises on this site or not. Ive been fishing for 45 years so im not exactly a rookie, I use sonnys because it catches fish point blank. I posted on the SC forum but if you notice everyone who replied except you were from out of state

7. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yep, Ill second that!

8. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hey turk just a thought have you checked wal-mart. its seems like I have seen it there before. I dont know what area in the upstate you are from but you might want to try bo-nats (cant say I know for sure if they carry it but they do sell minnows and other baits) also they are on poinsett hwy. The only other spots I know to tell you to check is Dicks sporting goods in spartanburg. I havent been in greenville in the last year and a half but it seems like they were supposed to open some new sporting goods shop at the mall in spartanburg.

Hope any of this helps

9. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
  10. turk

turk New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks for the info but I ordered some by phone today. I would say where from but they dont ADVERTISE on this site ,and I might banned. Lmao. Im in Abbeville county. I live 3 miles from Lake russell and 4 miles from clark hill. There is 1 store in IVA that carrys Sonnys but they are out and I got tired of trying to get a hold of the owner to order more. The fish are biting and time is wasting. Walmart does not carry it,besides Wal mart is rhe devil, LOL:smile2:

11. buster1395

buster1395 New Member

State:
    Abbeville, Sout
    Im also from Abbeville and I know the last time I stopped in the Pawn Shop/Fishing Tackle store right on the left before you get to the first red light in Abbeville coming down 72 from Calhoun Falls they had it in stock. Also Sportsman Friend in Greenwood has it.

12. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'm right with you. I started a forum when I first got on here a few months ago, actually it was just a week or so ago, asking about winter catfishing. The only response I got was, "we're in the spawn now, nobody cares about that." ...or something along those lines. Anyways, thanks for speaking your thoughts, as are many others thoughts as well I believe, when no one else seemed to want to say anything. Right on, JSTHUMB.

13. Bubstr

Bubstr New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm a Newbe too. My question is, Does Sonny's get too old to use? Found some in one of them secret places, we all have, and I know it has to be at least ten years old. The lid was on tight but it is dark and a little dryer than new.

14. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    I've used sonny's that was close to 20 years old last year just had to add a little vegetable oil and it worked just as good as the new jar I had.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Welcome to the BOC. Adding small amounts of vegetable oil will soften the bait up. Its still good and will catch fish. I like to buy another jar of the same bait and mix together. Gives you the volume and total activation of the bait. I use an electric drill and paint stirrer to mix with.

16. jsthumb

jsthumb New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just an update I just figured out that you CAN still deduct from a persons rep points, you just have to give an explanation.

Just thought some of you might like to know that.

17. Redneck in a Skiboat

Redneck in a Skiboat New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Lake Hartwell Fishing and Marine had some?? (4 or 5 jars two weeks ago). Its on the right hand side of the store on the bottom shelf near the front of the store. It's $4.95. I'd call to be sure before I made a long drive. I've had better luck with the orignal. Hope this helps.

18. flatheadsalyer1

flatheadsalyer1 New Member

State:
    Pickens, SC
    Clearwater marine also carries it. I know you said you were in Abbeville mccormick area, but if you are ever up this way they are on hwy 183 between pickens and six mile. It's around 5 bucks a jar!

Steve