Sonny's Dip Bait

Discussion in 'Fishing Bait Review' started by Catman 1964, May 23, 2007.

1. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    What is your opnions on Sonny's Dip Bait I use Looper rigs. Last night I tried 3 different types of Cat Tracker and no luck so I am looking for something different to try. Take care and God Bless.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I tihkn Sonny's is the best dip bait that I've ever used. I'd say give it a try.

3. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    I've tried about a dozen types,sonnys gets my vote.The others just don't compare,besides,it tastes better than the rest when I forget to wash my hands!!:crazy:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    When useing dip baits, you will learn to carry different brands on any one trip. Catfish will relate to one bait over another. The fish will finally tell you which one is prefered that trip on that lake. I carry several brands. Sonnys blood, Wicked Stickey, Catfish Charlies in shad. I've had lots of success with each, but at the same time one of them may not be the answer every time on every lake.:lol::big_smile:

5. dewboy24us

dewboy24us New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i like using sonnie's cuz it will almost always catch you something, but like the others said, carry different baits with you.
    the other thing is the dip worms, differnt types work better in different conditions.

6. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    I use Sonny's all the time works great!

7. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sonny's and Rusty's are my favorite. I just bought some Looper rigs and am anxious to try them with Sonny's.

8. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a27:

I have to agree with Mickey on this one!

I find myself taking two Dip-Baits with me ("Wicked Stickey" & "G & S") when I hit the water Cattin'.
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & Phil

9. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    i have never presonally had anyluck with store bought baits i, stick to using bait fish mostly its also a lot cheaper to buy a thing of night crawlers but a crawler out on a hook and see if it gets hit while fishing for bream and then once you catch some bream use them either live or cut.

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    If the dip baits aren't working, I've found that using tiny cuts of cut bait..... it doesn't have to be fresh, frozen is ok.....works very well. It will attract about the same size cats you'll catch on dip baits.

11. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    baits are like most baits you have to try a few different ones to find the one they like at that time. What works one day may not the next, but I will say Sonny's is one that seems to work most anytime.
    I use it alot and it works most every time.
    Loop

12. Catman 1964

Catman 1964 New Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Thanks for the advice. I used some Wicked Sticky and Sewer Bait and it worked like a champ. So I will carry some different baits for sure. Also used some cut Shad and had some luck it was the packaged shad not fresh. The thing that really works is the Looper rigs. Take care and God Bless.

13. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    One of the things that needs to be done on most any of the dip baits is to rember to stir it to keep the oil mixed. Those looper rigs are great but even they have a hard time holding the bait if there is a layer of oil on the top that coats the rig befor the bait contacs the rig.
    Loop

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I agree with Loop. I like to stir my dip baits often and like the thickness of a thick milkshake. The looper rig is a must for dip baits. If you have not used them yet. Then you must like the extra work. Bait less ,fish more,order some.:lol::big_smile:pS: You can thin your dip bait with corn oil, or thicken your bait with corn meal. I hope this is of some help.

15. riverrat2

riverrat2 New Member

State:
    IL>
    Use sonny's all time . Really like it. Just changed to circle hooks on dip bait plastic worms.Have to get on to not jurking line as soon as one gets on or will more than likly loose them. after they are on just pull them in easy seems to be hooked in lip. Has any one else tried this. Riley