Sonnys dip bait,

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Joe Car, May 18, 2007.

1. Joe Car

Joe Car New Member

State:
    Mo.
    just wandering how good is it compared to bee jay. i smelled some the other day at wal-mart. it smelled just like bee jay original flavor. anyone have any luck on this stuff.

how does it compare

joe car

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    With very good sucess! It is highly recommended by Cabela's! Never caught anything huge but that's not saying it couldn't happen! Try it, you might be surprized:smile2:

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I like it better than bjays
    Its used a lot around here.

4. dano40

dano40 New Member

State:
    Spirit lake, Iowa
    That's my favorite. It's alot better than BJ's even though they smell the same the channels can tell the difference and like the Sonny's much better.

5. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's good to hear that it has worked so well for everyone because I have some coming in the mail from Catfish Connection. I have heard alot of good things about Sonnys so I'm anxious to try it out.

6. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I always add a little bit of veggie oil to mine.. Not too much, just enough to make it slurpy... I find it gives off a much much better scent trail and I seem to get bites a whole lot quicker....

7. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Yes it works well for the channels. Use it on sponge baits.

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sonnys is many times better than bee jays. Give them a comparison test and you will throw bee jays away. Try Sonnys blood and you will be even happier. There is a lot of good dip baits on the market. Give several :lol: :smile2: a try and see what you discover.

9. Joe Car

Joe Car New Member

State:
    Mo.
    thanks for the reply i will be trying some.
    i tried big bite cheese and liver the other night and didn't get a single bite on that stuff or the bee jay
    i did catch four eater size on shrimp

joe car

10. TWEEDER

TWEEDER New Member

State:
    SC
    I tried many different dip baits with not any success.Then some friends took me out using Sonny's. I was very sceptical about using it,so I took along my leeches. Before the day was over I was placing at order to Sonny's. I don't see how any other dip bait even compares. But try a few at the same time on different rods then decide.

11. Bigun

Bigun New Member

State:
    Burnet, TX
    I have had better and quicker results with Bill's cheese bait than any other dip bait. Get some Danny Kings punch bait and add a little Bills to it and and you can leave every thing else at home if you are looking for eatin size channels.

12. BigCatDreaming

BigCatDreaming New Member

State:
    Illinois
    throw some chicken livers in a blender, some garlic salt, and some shad guts and mix it with sonny's and you have a good channel cat dip bait

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    For some strange reason none of these dip baits work in my area. ( philadelphia) I have a Sonnys Jar and a few others sitting on my fridge. Does this stuff spoil might give it another chance. I used Magic Bait Chicken Blood and it has worked twice and never again. ( man it stinks smell like dog poop) refering to the magic bait...

14. Cat Man Joe

Cat Man Joe New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Most of the guys I know fishing Otter Lake in central il fish sonnys exclusively. I use it ALOT but have never caught anything over 6# on it, thats my personal best by the way.:sad2: Ive caught alot of eatin sized fish on it though. Ive also heard really good thing about cj's but havent tried that yet.

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Sonny's and Rusty's are my favorites. I've tried a bunch of the others, but nothing compares to my 2 favorites.

16. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Sonny's is a great bait. Caught a lot of channels on it.

17. maddkatz22

maddkatz22 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I fish with Junnie's Cattracker dip baits and they always produce the fish. Sewer bait is my fav. Channels can't leave it alone. Generally up to 5-6#. I have seen a friend catch a 12# on the same bait. I have never seen any Sonny's around where i fish. I would like to compare the two and see the outcome.

18. gbennett21

gbennett21 New Member

State:
    kansas
    hay im new here first reply but belive it or not i spent 150 bucks on all kinds of stink bait a week ago and threw most of them away after using sonnys on one pole and everything else on the other(dannykings, more even bjays) i caught 7 channel cat from 2.0lbs to 3.5lbs in 4hrs with my two kids. had lots of fun now a strong beliver in sonnys. here in wichita,ks p.s does anyone know were to catch some good size cats as said before i live in wichita,ks (even flathead to take pic) any tips would be nice to a fisherman with alot to learn and alot of years left.

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Not sure what your definition of good size is :wink: .. With Dip Bait, your more than likely to catch eater sized channel cats (2-6lbs).. You may get an occasional one that breaks 10lbs, but not very common. For bigger fish, and especially Flatheads, you want Live bait (cut baitfish for larger Channels)...

20. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    After learning about it and trying it I called and got sonny himself and he said he wouldnt sell it until they caught so many in one night they were all tired and went home. Its garrantied up to 10# but I actually caught a 25# flathead with it one night. Sonny for President!