Sonnys dip bait

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by flathead81, Jun 14, 2006.

1. flathead81

flathead81 New Member

State:
    illinois
    anyone ever used sonnys bait i tried all the dip baits in the stores and sonnys has to be the best ive ever used everytime I go out I catch fish with this stuff

2. mspratt

mspratt New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yea I like sonny's great bait.Also have good luck with wicked sticky,both good cannel baits.Kind of hard to use when the weathers cooler:eek:oooh:

3. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I also use sonny;s often. One of the small resiviors I fish has a lot of small eating size cats and sonny's really pulls them out of there.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I use Sonny's blood myself, and have good luck with it. I went out yesterday and caught 20 channels in about 2 1/2 hours. Andy

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I been useing Sonny's for years now and it works great. I also love DK's as well.

6. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Sonny's is the best I've used, I used to get it at Wal-Mart but they quit stocking it, so i gotta find it somewhere else

7. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Jason,
    If you're having trouble finding Sonny's in your area you might want to get ahold of Sonny and have him ship you some. I can give you Sonny's address and phone number if you want to send me a personal message. I know Sonny personally and buy all of my bait directly from him. He only lives about 20 miles from me.

8. Norm

Norm New Member

State:
    Freeport, IL
    Try different Walmarts. Last year I had good luck with the Sewer Bait. It looks black, and smells like limburger cheese gone bad, but the cats love it. However, put in a ziplock, if you keep it in your car all the time, or your car will smell baaaaaaaaaad. I couldn't find it at 5 close walmarts, but I stopped at a Walmart about 75 mi away when I was in the area for another reason, and they had a dozen tubs, and I picked up 5 last night. If you have several Walmarts in 10-20 mi radius (what do I mean by if--they are almost next door to each other) I would try the next one. Try other sporting type stores, as I have seen Sonny's Wicked Sticky in Gander Mountain, and Dick's Sporting goods too.

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    DOn't get me wrong, Sonny's is an EXCELLENT bait, but Cattracker Baits will outfish them. Wicked Sticky and Jo Jo's Pole Snatcher are the two best on the market bar none. I recently fished next to a couple who were using Sonny's and they had been there for two hours. In 15 minutes I had caught mroe fish than they had in two hours. Ended up catching and releasing over 100 catfish in a little over an hour and a half. God bless.

10. mdudes17

mdudes17 New Member

State:
    Chicago, Illinois
    i've been tryin to order Danny Kings Punch Bait for the past week but the online ordering page is down or something. I heard DK's punch bait is amazing and i can't wait to get my hands on it

11. Katfever

Katfever New Member

State:
    nc
    It works real well on smaller cats. Pheeeew hold your nose!!!!

12. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    OK...please chime in Sonny's or Dk?

13. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Hard call,I just started using DK's, been using Sonny's for years. Still aint made up my mind. My fishing partner tried DK's last time on the water, he liked it better.. Only problem, I can get Sonny's at walmart or any farm store here.. DK's no where to be found around here.. I found what I got when I went to Chicago for a biz trip and swung by a Gander Mtn....

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Danny King Bait will soon be in most Bass pro shops and Wal marts this will make it easyer for everyone to try the bait. But you can always order from myself or danny.

15. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for th einput. I think I will do a side by side comparison and give whichever one works the best the benefit of doubt. I don't mind having to order it online...its easier than fighting the long lines at Wal Mart anyway.

16. Jackfish

Jackfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    interesting to see that many people doing well with the store baits, i've never had much luck with em

17. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I'm with you, I have never caught anything on the stinkbaits. But...many experience dfishermen on here rave about the Sonny's and DK so I'm gonna possibly throw away some money trying to extend the arsenal a bit.

18. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I have had decent luck with sonnys, but haven't used DK's much, i've got about 1/4 of a tub left and have only caught one fish on it.

Eric

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well, if you want numbers or eaters, pretty hard to get skunked with DK or Sonnys.. Least in any water I've fished them in..If you chasing big fish (+10lbs), stick with cut or live baits.. You can/will catch big fish on the dips/punch, but MOSTLY its the smaller ones.. Least thats been my experience...

20. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I've had good luck with Sonny's, but it is a little hard to use when it is cool outside. I can't to try DK's to see which works better.