Sonar returns.

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by shadguts, Jan 6, 2010.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Just curious as to what others think these are? I have an opinion but would like to see what others say before I share.

Attached Files:

2. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Well If I had to make a guess I would say that 1 it is a picture of the lower discharge pipe at Sequoia and 2 the fish are hard to tell what species but I would guess maybe strip, but since there is no bait in the picture that may rule that out. So second guess would be a couple of cats waiting on dinner time. Just a guess but atleast I didn't say fish! :tongue1:

Now I await everyone elses opinion!

3. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah, my question probably wasn't specific enough. I was hoping someone would say that is a couple big cats and you should fish there. It' hard to tell not being in the boat. I love to see marks like this especially when the boats moving at 4mph and there are no other fish around.

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Some kind of fish sitting on structure related area. (hump) Holding in a certain depth range. No bait fish around. Have no idea what kind of fish. Thats what I see!!

5. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Chris was I right about Sequoya discharge? I would think cats myself at that depth, but the position is what I questioned.:flag:

6. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mmarcum the location was in humphreys county Tn.

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    That looks just like the discharge pipe at the sequoya nuclear plant down here in Chattanooga.

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Your better than me Mark because I don't see what would make this look like a discharge pipe not knowing where it was shot at.

In fact, I don't even think it was a hump! If you notice the map scale is very zoomed in and the boat has just done a 180 degree turn. Looks to me like he came up on a gradual incline, turned around and came back off of it, giving the appearance on the screen of a hump.

As to what species of fish???? Who knows? Not hugging the bottom tight, not suspended mid-column, not schooled up.....etc....When in doubt I call them CATFISH to give me HOPE!

I'm spoiled, give me my side-imaging and I can tell you a lot more, LOL! I'd still be guessing on the species of fish though.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  9. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Skipeye you would have ride up to where I fish to see the similarities. The only problem I had was the depth and I wasn't sure about that reading. Where I fish most of the time it goes from about 55 feet up to 38 feet. I don't have GPS on my sounder so I didn't really even look at that part of the screen.

10. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Skipeye's right about the boat turning and it being a gradual incline. As far as the marks I'd be willing to bet they were cats or some other fish that likes cut skips:smile1:. Skip here's another pic of the same area. Just a few yards away. The boat is moving slower too.

Attached Files: