Son outfishes Dad.......Again

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Pappy B, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

I took my son fishing on Saturday on The Gila R. near Winkelman.
    Of course he outfished me again.I caught one carp and one small channel.
    He caught 3 flats.Average between 6-8 pounds.
    It's his first flats of the year.Hopefully many more to come.
    All fish were CPR of course.The water was still cool and dirty.We didn't find our fish in the usual holes but,in the stronger current behind structure.
    I still got the best catch by being able to see the joy in his face when he landed his fish.
    Good luck
    Pappy B.:big_smile:

2. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

He is my son with a couple of flats.They were released to fight another day.
    His first of the year.

Attached Files:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Wayne you have taught him well. Nice fish. Enjoyed the pics. Tell him congrats.

4. LONE STAR

LONE STAR New Member

State:
    Raleigh, NC
    Hey Wayne I know how you feel. The little fella in the picture of my avitar is my 4yr old with his first cat ever. I did the setting it that counts and he did all the reeling and hold of the rod. The joyous look on his face made me cry, yea I said cry, tears of joy. What a great memory that made. Tell your son congrats from the Lone Star family.

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's always great when your son outfishes you!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great trip, congrats to your son

7. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Its good that you have the chance to take your son fishing. My boy lives out-of-state so I can only dream of when I'll get that chance again. Congrats to your son on his flatties.

:wink:

8. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I feel for you Anthony, as I have a 9 year old, and when we are in the boat alone, it has to be the times I cherish most I hope you get the opportunity again with your boy sometime soon! With your experience and great chance at catching some big ones, those are memories that last forever.

9. catfishhunter007

catfishhunter007 New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey pappy b, what were you using for bait on the gila.

10. Pappy B

Pappy B Guest

Hi Ramy,cut carp.The flatties up there sometimes only want worms.It's wierd.My son and I usually try cut bait on one rod and worms on another until we figure out some sort of pattern.
    Good luck.:0a26:
    Pappy B.

Please remember to CPR.
    It's a very limited resource up there.:wink:

11. catfishhunter007

State:
    arizona
    me and my bro been fishin the gila alot, and the best bait we have used is the red shiners we pull right from the water.

12. catfishhunter007

State:
    arizona
    the best bait for flatheads we have used on the gila are the red shiners. the gila is just packed with em. everything else just gets eatin up by small channel cats. last year in september my lil bro caught one that was pushing 25 0r 30 lbs on a handful of red shiners. we have caught some flats this year in the 5-10 lb range. i will try to post some pics soon