Son gets first place

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by recordbreakin1, Jul 28, 2008.

1. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    IT DOES NOT HAVW ANY THING TO DO WITH FISHN,BUT I HAVE TO TELL EVERY ONE.WHEN MY FIVE YEAR OLD BOY IS NOT FISHING WITH ME HE IS READING BOOKS.HIS MOM SIGHNED HIM UP FOR A READING CONTEST HERE IN AZLE THIS SUMMER AND HE GOT FIRST PLACE.HE GOT TWO BIG TROPHIES AND ALOT OF COOL STUFF.CATCHING A BIG FISH WOULD WOULD NOT MAKE ME FEEL AS PROUD AS I DID TODAY.REMEMBER GUYS WE SHOULD TAKE THEM FISHING TODAY SO WE WILL HAVE SOME ONE TO TAKE US ONE DAY.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Tell him congrats & keep up the good work!!!

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats to him, that is a very noble acheivement

4. Jaylake_21

Jaylake_21 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jesse, thats awesome! Fishing is great and all, but an education is more important.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jesse congrats to your son on a special achievement.

6. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Congrats on your son's win Jesse...Just one thing though: If he was reading books about fishing you better watch out...you might just get skunked by him next time you take him fish'n!! :smile2:

7. BigOBear

BigOBear New Member

State:
    TX
    Outstanding :) Congratulations to him :)

8. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks guys.I know what you mean about reading the fishing books.He already gives dad a pretty tuff time when it come to keepn up with him and his fishn.Last time we went with grandpa he out fish me.Grandpa was putin pieces of chocolate chip cookies on for him.He caaught several eatin size cat and one about 8 pounds.That kid has the best luck,if I had his luck and energy I would fish non stop.

9. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I know what you mean about the energy!!! I have a 5 year old son and most of the time I think that if I made him sit still he would probably explode from all that energy sitting still!!:eek:oooh: But I know I can speak for us all when I say I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!! Hey CONGRATS to your son on the great acheivement!!!:smile2:

10. Marcos

Marcos New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congratulate the little guy for me! & Congrats to you and your wife for all of the effort and time it took you to get your son to that reading level. It takes alot of time a dedication from parents. The rewards are great!:big_smile:

11. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    reading will take him a lot father in life than fishing.tell old pits said congrats.

12. colten

colten Member

State:
    Texas
    I would have to say that the education is more important too. He can fish in between reading and studying.