Something to try.

Discussion in 'WISCONSIN RIVER TALK' started by Dnedster, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Dnedster

Dnedster New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey all!
    The weather is warming and if your like me you have the itch to get after them kitties. I happened on this by accident we were fishing last year and a storm came through up river from us. I could see the water level rising lots of junk floating down river be for long the cats went wild!!!!!! We got 8 in less than 2 hours and we stayed dry!
    Let me know if this was a fluke or the rising water turned the fish on?

Good luck all

Doug

2. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The best time to go fishin was when the river was rising,and I have found it to be true. Never caught anything huge but what I did catch didn't just bite they were agressive wanting to yank the pole clean out of my hands!:big_smile:

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    After a rain riseing water will turn them on it causes worms etz to wash down stream:tounge_out:

4. Jay Jay

Jay Jay New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    Hey Doug , ice went out a couple of days ago, tried some fishing ,nothing going on above Eureka dam. They have been catching walleyes by the dam ,need rain to bring the water levels up and get things going. I'm on the Fox in Berlin, Will be fishing hard the next couple of weeks for the spring run . Last year I had caught my 1st catfish by now.

5. Sewerratking

Sewerratking New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I fish right above the damn and just below on. It has happened more time than you think, the water starts comin and the cats go wild.:cool2:

6. drinkmoremilk

drinkmoremilk New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    sounds like that works well\