Something to try

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by catfishingRon, Feb 13, 2007.

1. catfishingRon

catfishingRon New Member

State:
    Earlville, IL
    Here is a recipe every that likes hamburgers should like. This is enough fro four burgers.

Prep time:about 5min each burger
    Cook time: 35-40 min
    ease level: 2 out of 5 (1 being easy and 5 being hard)

You need the following:
    1: two boxes of pizza crust mix
    You need to mix the crust according to the box. Usually add 1/4 cup hot water per box and let sit for 5 min..

Get this stuff ready while you are letting pizza crusts rise.
    1:4 frozen burger patties
    2: 4 slices of cheese, more if you like cheese
    3: Ketchup
    4: mustard
    5: sliced onion
    6: sliced pickles

Once you have all your stuff together I would take the patties and thaw them out about half way (you can leave them frozen but it adds to the cooking time and your not certain to get a fully cooked burger)

Now, once the dough has risen take out about 1/4 of it at a time. you need to roll it out until it is big enough to wrap around the burger. (remember to flour the surface so it wont stick)

Once it is big enough, in the center of the rolled out dough, lay down the ingredients that you want on your burger, cheese goes first, then ketchup and mustard. followed by onion and pickle. This is the best way I have found to do it. Now, once all the ingredients are down, now you place the burger on top of the stuff. You now wrap the burger and all with the crust, Folding the ends over the burger to cover it up completely.

Now you turn it over onto a baking pan and cook it in the oven for about 35min at 360 degrees. depending how the burger comes out (cooked all the way or not) you will need to vary the cooking time.

Everything will cook together and the flavor mix great together, making one of the juiciest burgers you can get.

This is a favorite at my house and is really easy to make. ENJOY:smile2:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    That is an interesting twist to a classic. I'll have to try it - thanks!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I'll have to try that. Thanks.