Something to think about

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Mac-b, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
  2. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    over the years like many other i have found that that the large stores of game in the freezer never gets eaten, as I got older i only keep what i can eat in a single meal (deer not included kind of hard eating a whole deer in one sitting) When i take clients out i have a rule nothing over 5 lbs, and push to only keep ones in the 3-5 lb range, most clients will accept my boat's rules and I also push cpr, and catch and release, I have a few clients who go out regular and want to fish for food fair and they are allowed a limit on my boat. most understand the idea behind my rules and think it is fair for all parts, too bad there are many others out there that keep everything and don't care for the idea of catch and release,

3. nccatgirl

nccatgirl New Member

State:
    NC
    I see people take out crazy number of Crappies every day I go to Little River Lake. There are only limits on the Bass. I know the best spots I enjoy now will be fished out sooner rather than later due to the over harvesting. It's a really sad state of affairs but some people just don't seem to care about the future and are only thinking of today.

4. mintaka

mintaka Well-Known Member

State:
    Charlotte , N.C
    Unfortunately , humanity still believes that it is the master of this planet.
    Alot of us have grown so complacent and self servient that the tantamount mission on our agenda has to be carried out with little , if any , regards to the repercussions. Daily I have seen idiots rushing behind me in their 'habitats' talking on their cells and nearly hitting me! But like all good things , this way of life for many of us will come to an end - hopefully it will'nt be too bad , maybe a law with some teeth for a change.
    Scanners at the ramps or fishing access areas to stop the blatant rape of our irreplaceable resources - enough said!!