Something to share

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Light, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Light

Light New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We were fishing down at Indian Lake this weekend while camping...the fishing was horrible for everyone, catfisherman, bassfisherman, nothing was biting....kinda sucked. But the one nite Kory and I were over by the spillway, which is dry btw, but when we went to leave, the idiot I am, dropped my cell fone and my knife and didnt realize it. After waking up the next day and realizing I didnt have my fone, kory and I drove back to the spillway. I was pretty sure it wouldnt be there. Needless to say, we pull up to the spot and the cell, and the knife both, were leaning against the nearest tree. Someone had found my stuff, and left it there in case I came back looking for it. It made my day. There doesnt seem to be that many "Good People" out there nowadays, but someone out there last saturday morning sure was good people.

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Sounds like my fun at Dillon a couple of weeks ago as far as fishing goes. Thats cool tho that they left your phone there for you to get tho you dont see that often. If I found a phone I would probably look at the contact list to see if there is an important person on there and call them and let them know where your phone was.

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Glad to hear that someone did the right thing (although calling someone on the contact list probably would have been better). We hear too much negativity nowadays, it's nice to hear something good.

4. Light

Light New Member

State:
    Ohio
    The screen of my cell isnt working atm lol, you cant see anything. Only way to call is by speed dial, which they wouldnt know whos who, or by voice comand. So trying to call wasnt possible. I need to get that fixed tomorow actually lol. But ya, it is nice to see people doing the right thing, and I betcha he/she was a catfisherman :big_smile:

5. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Yep it is good to hear of someone doing something good for another person.

Maybe the world is going to do a turn around:big_smile:!

6. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    It just makes me so happy to hear about all the good things that happen. Used flippin on the news and full of horrible stuff.
    On another fourm I was reading about this 5th grade school teacher who was getting ready to retire and his dream was to see the bridge in sanfransisco (golden gaTAE? IDK?) ANYHOW- All the 5th graders and some other of his co-workers bought him and his wife an all expence paid trip to see his beloved bridge. The pictures that he took was spectacular and he looked al teary eyed too...I know I would been...thats so sweet! The theme just seemed to fit in this thread...Be nice to peolple they'll usually be nice back. (Karma?)

7. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    I found some info on that:
    Durham — A Durham school custodian is on the trip of a lifetime, thanks in part to some generous students.

Joe Venable, 71, said he had always wanted to visit the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.

Students and faculty at Mangum Elementary School, along with local churches and clubs, raised money to make his dream come true.

"The fifth-graders go together and they raised the money, and it was great. I couldn't believe it," he said. "For fifth-graders to do that, to think of somebody else other than themselves, it was great."

Venable and his wife, Alease, are spending three days in the Bay Area.

8. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My son found a cell phone at Alum Creek. He called the home number on the phone annd asked the woman that answered if she was missing a phone. She said no and then said wait my husband doesn't have his, we are on the lake. They came in and got the phone. It had been ran over but it still worked.:smile2:

9. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i took an exacto knife and carved several friends and family's numbers into the back of my phone along with a $30 reward offer, just in case it was found, or for emergency contact just in case i was found :crazy:.

10. Hawk33

Hawk33 New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    just dropped my cell phone off the boat last night :confused2:

i always use the old label makers and put my initial's on my cell phone. i've dropped them and had have them returned to me this way, but when they go into the river they dropped like a 3oz sinker .

HAWK

11. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    glad it worked out for you,thrs still a lotta good people out thr

12. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That's a good idea, Dink. I always thought they could call a number in the phone, but what if it didn't work.
    That's why I put mine on an 8 inch S/S Leader! Takes a minute to answer, but I haven't dropped it in the lake since.:big_smile: