Something that burns me

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by gone_fishin, Jul 16, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    I was looking at my face today and I can still see this scar that runs from one, ear across my face, and under my eye to my other ear. Back in June I was fishing a creek that I fish a lot. Well my buddy brought his little brother and he pee'd on my leg. I gave chase after him and he ran through this clearing missing some fishing line but when I came through I caught it across my face. Come to find out someone had actually tied fishing line between two trees, it looked to be maybe 30# test. Well I had this really bad burn on my face and it cut me on both sides of my eyes. It almost caught me in my left eye and from what my face looked like I know it probably would've blinded me. Now I have this scar that runs across my face. My question is who would want to do something like that, its bad enough that I have to worry about bringing protection with me when I go fishing but now I have to worry about trip wires and booby traps.

2. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I personally have no idea what someone would have any use for that, other then a line for wet clothes to dry maybe. Pretty irresponsible to leave it up though. Sorry for the bad luck.

You could always say it's a battle wound! :smile2:

SudDawg

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    It was only about 4 ft wide. It was intentionally tied between two trees on a trail.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    It takes all kinds.Decent people will never have a answer for you.We just don;t think that way.I think there will be quite a few injuries and even deaths in the future from Braided Line.The small diameter and the fact that it is not very biodegradable means it will cut and last.peewee-williams

5. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    Sounds like some real punks that need a good lesson taught to them

6. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sad to say, but there are some real sickos out there...:sad2:

7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    It didn't hurt at first and then my friends thought it was funny because I had this big red line across my face. About an hour after it happened is when I felt the pain. It burned so bad I had to stick my head out the truck window on the way home.

8. Gabowman

Gabowman New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would just hope that is how the line got there and it is very unfortunate that you "ran" across it. Either you broke it or I hope you cut it down so something like that wouldnt happen to someone else though. Sorry for your misfortune.

9. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Justin, I'm right there with you. That is just plain wrong to try to intentionally hurt someone. What would have been a lot more insult without the injury though is for someone to pee on my leg. Vern

10. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    No it didn't break but I did cut it down.

11. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    No matter where you go or what you do, there is always one jerk in the crowd that will think of or do something like that and think it is funny. But if you could get your hands on the punk, I bet they wouldn't think it was so funny then.

12. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Well if I was watching me I probably would've laughed but there was no one around other than my friends to witness it. So I don't think they were looking for a laugh. They were looking to hurt someone.

13. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    We were in a campground several years ago setting around camp and getting ready to go back out fishing when I noticed a line and hook hanging from a tree. I went over and cut it down and made a comment about what kind of idiot would leave a hook hanging shoulder high in a camping area. I didn't think anymore about it until the next day and I saw another one and we got to looking and there 50 or more hanging around. We figured out that they were limb lines somebody set when the water was high but they were all hanging at the right level to catch someone in the face. That ended pretty well but could have been a nightmare.

ST

14. Crackr

Crackr New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Well, it ain't funny. It's a shame. I'm sorry to hear that happened. I agree with the Ol Man. There are sickos that actually THOUGHT about doing something like this. I hope all your discomfort goes away.

15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    The pain lasted about a week but I still have a scar running across my forehead and around my eye.

16. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There's no telling why someone did that. Could have been a kid trying to pull a prank. I've seen it done by kids before. People got to where they would shoot bottles around the boat landings at one time here. I would slip my shoes off to push my boat off in shallow places. One good cut stopped that. I never wade around a public boat ramp if possible anymore. Experience is the best teacher if you live thru it. Good fishin' , Jack.

17. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    It is actually against the Law in Indiana to leave line,rope, string , wire,cable etc hanging in such a way as to infllict injury. I bellieve the state did this after some boys on motorcross bikes got injured. If you see someone doing this call the authorties. When I was young I rode my bike between two utilitiy poles and caught a wire across the neck. the guy that lived in the house was tired of us kids playing in the alley. Some neighbors took care of it . I am sorry you had to go thru it .

18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Someone wrapped industrial grade plastic wrap around two light poles and I drove through them in my car. It didn't cause any really bad damage other than it bent my antenna.

19. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    man ..your luck is just like mine...i feel for ya

20. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Mucker;
    Justin, there are a lot of posts on this one that I agree with! Yes, there are always "sickos", Dummy's, Jerks, A*SHOL*S, ect.
    But my first question is:
    Are You SURE, that there was not something coated on that line that caused all that burning pain later on?
    I am asking because normally, burns that do not have complete nerve damage, such as yours, will start to burn immediately or at least you will start feeling some kind of discomfort real quick!
    I would keep some of the newer "Less Scar Antibiotic Ointments" on it for a few weeks and keep an eye on it. If it start hurting again, festering, changing color, ect, I know you will know what to do.
    I also think that there will be more fishing line injuries in the future! I think it was PeeWee that said that, I'm not 100% sure, but whoever said it is correct because most people, including unfortunately, many of our BOC members, do NOT know how to work with the new Spectra Type High Tech lines and are unaware of the damage they can do to a human body!!:sad2: Most of us, will get cut, or line burned, something that is hopefully relatively minor, and will then have a new respect for these lines and then will take the time to research our Library and Archives, to learn how to work with these new lines.
    As for the "youngster" that dribbled on you ... First of all, if I had a child that did that, well they would have had trouble sitting down and their phone, cell phone, CD player, computer, and all the other electronic "toys" would have been taken from them and they would have been GROUNDED for a couple of months! And the "social workers" can "Kiss My Bass" too! I've dealt with THOSE kinds of lifeforms too!
    If this child's parent that I believe was with you, did NOT immediately GROUND that child and MAKE him Apologize IMMEDIATELY, well, in my case, there would have been serious damage to a friendship!
    I'm GLAD you took the line down! Certainly mature and smart thinking on your part and I commend you for it.
    Like one of the members said, it's pretty back when you not only have to carry serious protection with you, but now you have to worry about trip-lines/tripwires, traps, ect! It should NOT be that way for American Citizens In Our Own Country!!!
    With that, I am going to close this post and get it sent because I'm getting pretty "Riled" over something like this and I don't want a moderator to have to "censor" me or my post!
    I sincerely hope your not seriously hurt or permanently scarred!! I also hope that "Bad Karma" happens to the "thing" that put that line up like that!
    If you need a tube of that "Low Scar" antibiotic ointment it can be found OVC/Over the Counter at any drugstore, pharmacy, ect. If you can't afford it, PM me and I will gladly send you a tube myself.
    I'll say a prayer for your fact tonight during my nightly prayers!
    Thank You for sharing this with me/us. I'm sure those who read it will now keep a sharper eye out for such stupid things!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]