Something New

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Catfish Shawn, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I was sitting down watching the cow girls play tonight and was looking at a bass pro shop mag for catfishing poles and reels. I was just wondering if any BOC members would be interested in showing off your 2 main poles and reels you use when you go out. Also for those who use 3 poles post ahead.:wink: I will get a few pics tomorrow and show off my weapons of mass destruction.:smile2:

2. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    i decided to quit using poles and it hasn't changed the amount of fish i catch as much as one would think :smile2:

3. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    yeah, J.J. just goes (almost) skinny dipping for his fish, mostly gar:smile2::smile2::smile2: You gotta give him credit though, there ain't many folks go "grabbling for gar:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:

4. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    I don't have pics of my poles, but I use 2 seven foot berkley glow sticks and one seven foot MH ugly stick. All three have Abu 6500 C3 reels on them.

5. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Ok my poles for Channels I use CatfishSafari Channel Cat poles with Abu 6500c3's ones the Black Cat Edition and the other the standard C3.

For flatheads I have 3 of the CatfishSafari Flathead poles and on them I have a Abu 9000 Big Game, an Abu 7000B, and the last one I have a Abu 7000ic3.

6. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I am looking to get the bill dance series. Right now I use glow sticks with 25lb p-line. I love the feel of the e-glass. For flathead I use a 6'6" MH Uglystick with a bite alarm reel. It is a nice setup.

7. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

Shawn I have the Bill Dance River Combo I picked it up last year, about this time. I have used it probably 4 time you can try it out if you want unless you were looking at the Pond Edition. I have 30lb Berkley Big Game Hi Test Solor Green on it.

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    100_2213.jpg

100_2214.jpg Here's some pics of my weapons. One of them is a Custom Black and Blue 7'6" rod matched with an Abu Garcia Chrome Rocket 6500. The other is a Berkley Cat Maxx with a red Abu 6000 reel. Love them both!!:big_smile:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    A couple more..

Attached Files:

10. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    does it have a bait cast or spinning reel? I might be interested in it.

11. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Looks like a really nice setup. I just got back into using bait casters.

12. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    I guess you can come out and watch me fish since you dont use poles. I might let you in a few pics to keep you busy.:smile2::wink:

13. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas

It is the Bait Cast one.

14. Catfish Shawn

Catfish Shawn New Member

State:
    Carbondale, Kansas
    Send me a PM on how much you want.