something neat i realized!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Jul 27, 2008.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well i just got done packing the boat up for tomorrow ( not a fishing trip ) ( we have a 1985 26 ft day cruzer ) but i did pack up my rod and carp bait to have some fun.......:wink:

i sat down and realized....... of all the people i talked to i've never seen anyone or herd of anyone fish for carp around here in havasu.....the big thing around here is striper,so not too many people fish for carp..... well.........guess someone's gotta do it :cool2:

the thing im getting at is if carp arent targeted much then alot of "lake cows" must be around here.....

maby the hair rigs will do some magic tomorrow!!!!!:eek:oooh:

ill post the rigs and results tomorrow night

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a good plan, I am sure you could catch some monsters out of there.

3. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Good for you, carp can overpopulate a place real quick. They sure stir up the water but they taste good too if prepared right.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Try my strawberry jello bait. I told you about it once. Remember how to make it? You wont be disappointed. I promise!

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Your absolute right. I honestly believe with all the pressure on other fish we will soon see Carp and Garr being targeted. I would compare it to catfishing because at one time most people considered them trash fish. Now cattin is one of the fastest growing sport fishing trends around. As time goes by I believe people will recognize carp and gar for what they really are...good fighters, tons of them, and just plain fun to catch.

-Jim-

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

used it, chumed with it, the carp hated it !!!!!!!:confused2:

i threw some out where you could see it and they go up to it and freak out

its kinda funny cause they run away from it!!!!!:crazy:

bread is the best around here........ i made some other doughy stuf and they liked the flavor of it......

the little baitfish like your bait though:wink:

ill definatly give it another try

7. renji2476

renji2476 New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    How do you prepare Carp I thought that they had to many bones? :confused2: I sure wouldn't mind a good recipe for carp since I want to start fishing for 'em. I was told to put some wheaties in a bag and add a little Big Red till it becomes a ball of sticky stuff. Least that was what an uncle of mine told me. He said "Don't use a weight only a treble hook and watch the line cause it will start to run off. Once that happens do like you do on a top water lure and set the hook and hold on to your pants cause this bait will call the big ones out and they might pull you out of em if you don't watch out!! :crazy::eek:oooh::crazy: "

8. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    WOW, that's crazy. They love it around here. I haven't used it in a long time. but, when I did you could'nt use 2 poles..

9. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V

Wheaties and Big Red or Corn Flakes and big red try them both.If the carp in a area hit corn better go with the Corn Flakes.If they seem to hit bread type baits go with the wheaties.