Something just occurred to me...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by veryama1975, Feb 11, 2008.

1. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Among the many benefits of catch & release, I just thought of another. If fellow catfisherman know that you release all the big ones, it seems like they are a lot more likely to share their good spots with you...they aren't too worried about you catching all the big ones because they'll most likely get another shot at the same fish.

Pretty cool, huh? :cool2:

2. Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like your way of thinkin! Catchin & Releasin! :wink:

3. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    naw it's not "you" that i'd be worried about, its the lurkers. i am on enough boards and have seen it first hand you postm a report with all the details it'll be ruined in no time.guard your spots and invite people face to face.

4. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Very good point Mark. Face to face or pm would be the way to go.

5. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    What I was actually referring to was all the nice people that have told me they'd show me some good spots if I make it to their neck of the woods. We travel every few months for my wife's job. I probably wouldn't post my good spots in any open forum...if I had any really good spots that is.
    :wink:

6. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    you guys can PM me anytime
    lol

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah that makes sense, I still dont know of too many that will give up thee honey holes unless its among friends..

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya gotta say to yourself, self. How did you find these spots? Ya put in the time and effort thats how. Ya wanna reep the rewards. Ya gotta put in the time.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I've taken a lot of people fishing with me to some good spot, but my wife has never been to my "honey hole".

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Not worried about any fisherman on the board, but it's the LURKERS.

The one's that don't contribute and just take, tkae, and take!

11. Stubby

Stubby New Member

State:
    Kansas, Ar
    You know Jeff, I don't think I'm gonna touch that one!!

12. tntitans21399

tntitans21399 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It is a two way street, if you get info then it helps you find them. But then if you give out then other anglers with go there and then the fish would get use to that certain bait or way of fishing and won't go after that anymore.

I think as a newbie, it is nice to get a round about idea about a certain area, but don't expect the actually GPS cord of that spot. Finding the spot is half the fun, but it is nice to get enough info just to get you headed in the right direction.

13. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Nah, I wasn't asking anybody to give me their best spots...or even to post their so-so spots on the forum. I was just talking about the fact that different people have invited me to go fishing with them. I doubt they would do that if I was somebody that was gonna kill the big ones. That's what I meant about another good aspect of CPR.

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  15. mrmarkedwards

mrmarkedwards Active Member

State:
    Delaware
    like blacky said its the lurkers.for example see my avitar well thats a fairly well known spot on the river i was there 2 days before that picture and me and a friend of mine caught 6 that size or bigger. he went and posted our results on a local board and in 24 hrs it went from a dozen diehards out there waiting for them to turn on to leterally 200 people fishing a 1/4 mile stretch of river. since he didn't all the info i showed up, waited for an open spot and caught that fish, took the picture and left since they were back out on the dropoff since the tide had turned. so be careful of what you post you never know who's watching.

16. Pfunk

Pfunk New Member

State:
    Lake Fork - Texas
    LMAO, You beat me to it... :smile2:

17. veryama1975

veryama1975 New Member

State:
    South West Mich
    Very good point Mark. I may not have thought about it until it was too late.