The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mother-inlaws car was stolen 4 days ago.

Yesterday she got a call from the police in another city 100 miles away, they had her car..The thief will probably never be caught.

When she showed up to get her car she had to pay 169 bucks for impounding fees, or they would not give it to her.

Maybe I am not seeing the big picture, but this seems crazzy!

·
Registered
691 Posts
It would seem the viewpoint of Police these days on BOTH sides of the Atlantic is that if you have a car, then you're a nice soft easy target ONE way or the other.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
It's one of those things the insurance company's do for us. Some policies probably cover it and the city government won't or cant pass up the monetary opportunity.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
that is freaking ridiculous. i am surprised they didnt charge her a finders fee. :0a28:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Most cities don't have a tow truck of their own so They hire out their tow service to multiple tow companies and that is where the charge comes from.
I know it sucks but I have a good friend in the tow business and his insurance bill each month is staggering to say the least. Her insurance company should take care of this for her.

·
Banned
3,934 Posts
I dont understand the reason they tow it. If it was stolen and found in a legal parking place, why tow it. I had a truck stolen in California, I found it myself and called LAPD and they came out and wrote a report and released it to me me right there on the spot. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I feel her pain. I once had to fight tickets from a car that I didn't own, but someone had managed to put in my name. :angry:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
that sucks a friend of mine went thru the same thing ,except they caught the kid , he ran away from a home 3 months and they havent done a thing , like i say that sucks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts