Something is out there..... and Im gonna get it

Discussion in 'LOCAL MICHIGAN TALK' started by sal_jr, Oct 2, 2006.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Hey guys- My dad called me from his cabin last night. It seems that there is a fish out in lake huron by Deckerville Road just north of Port Sanilac that has bit on crawlers 3 out of the last 7 days that nobody can pull in. They get it close to shore but it always breaks off before anyone can reel it in.

It has been biting around 7 pm and the fella fishing it has been using a ball of worms and a medium rig with a spinning reel.

I will be there friday to bring this problem to a close for this man. I will also be armed with my big rig musky rod and Shimano as well as my MONSTER 13'6" rod and Penn 309. I gurarantee that if he bites, Ill either go in after it or have pics for you on Monday. Ill probably have 2 setups for Elena and two for dad as well. We gotta get this thing~!!!!

Everyone over on that beach always talks about big cats... maybe its time someone shows them what they got, eh?

Im thinking shrimp and crawlers....

Ill let you know how it goes.

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good luck on your quest... and someone remember the camera.. I'm sure we'd all like to see it...:cool2:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Once it hits the fan, the only rational choice is to sweep it up, package it, and sell it as fertilizer.

3. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Go get it brother! ROTFLOL! Hope it is one of those flatheads or a big sturgeon...

4. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    good luck go show them how it is done

5. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    good luck on gettin that fish sounds like you have the equipment to do it.gone and get him and bring us back pictures.Make the BOC proud by catchin an uncatchable fish

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Actually,

I am more excited about my dad and Elena catfishing together than I am about a chance to catch a big big channel cat.
    Elena only hits the kitties 3 or 4 times a year with me and hasnt gone yet this year because shes been busy busy. Dad stopped night-fishing before I was old enough to go... so he only puts in 3 or 4 daytime hours here and there and calls it quits and mos of the time he goes for pike or walleye. He will be in for a surprise when I turn the beach into a catfish outpost right in front of him. LMAO

He will probably hang out by the fire... but at least he is going! heh heh.

7. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Oh boy Sal, I can't wait to see these pics!

Better start saying prayers that its not a dink the wraps that underwater stump or rock between his hole and the bank. :lol:

Just kidding!

Hope you do get it in at least far enough to get those pics of it. If you do, we know where Vic will be headed! :lol:

Good luck to you bro!

Barb

8. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Go Sal!
    I'd use a fresh killed sucker about 10" long if it was me, that way you're covered no matter what it is....
    Just keep your feet out of the water!

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    I wouldnt worry about that Tony. The beach is clear of debris enough that if there was a celloist there hiding and waiting to play the theme to Jaws, Id see him before he even started playing.

That the trick- Always look for an orchestra before going in the water. Thats what I learned from the movies. lol:lol:

10. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Get-R Done brother, we will be sitting on the edge of our seats waiting for your fishing report and pics.:tounge_out:

11. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

This is too funny...either that or I've been watching too many shark films.:lol:

12. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    da DUM....da DUM....daDUM..daDUM..daDUMdaDUMDADUMDADUM!!!

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Good luck Sal, hope you git er done.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Sal we are waiting on a good report. Good luck Brother.

st

15. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Go get Em' Sal!!!
    You got us all excited right along side with you. What a cool "event" for you Elena and your dad to look forward to!

I will be looking for pictures Monday morning!

da DUM....da DUM....daDUM..daDUM..
    .."we're going to need a bigger boat!"...
    ..daDUMdaDUMDADUMDADUM!!!

LOL!!!!
    _

16. skunkedagain

skunkedagain New Member

State:
    OHIO
    sal,you now have all of us in suspense. Now you have to come through for us with the pics. good luck

17. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    go get it sal , it might be nessy

18. Whiskerwhacker

Whiskerwhacker New Member

State:
    Michigan
    hey Sal, just make sure to shave before you go so we can tell who the fish is. LOL Good luck Bro. I assume you got the pics of your flattie that I sent you? Have a blast!

19. Gr_Cat

Gr_Cat New Member

State:
    Michigan
  20. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Hey Sal,
    Give me a time, and directions I think I might help you! You know you're in my neck of the woods now.
    I can't make an all nighter, but I might be able to give a few hours of beach time, plus a couple extra poles. PM me and let me know.
    Sparky