somebody please shoot lou holtz

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by BassMassey, Aug 28, 2008.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I'm watching the s. carolina and nc state game, and I really hope Lou Holtz isn't on the espn crew all season. this guy's an idiot, maybe it's just because I've been raised to be a Michigan fan and can't stand notre dame. I remember being a kid and my dad telling lou holtz jokes and notre dame jokes all the time. I wish Bo Schembechler was still around. My dad handed down to me a Bo Schembechler biography, and bo stated that he disliked notre dame more then Ohio State. Ohio State was more of a Bo vs Woody thing and yeah he wanted to get in their behind every year, yet he respected them. Notre Dame, he just plain didn't like. Now Bo , that's a respectable coach right there.

2. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Alot of coaches or ex-players dont make good commentators. The worst I ever saw was back in the mid 80's when they tried Joe Namath and O.J Simpson together on Monday Night Football. Dont doubt Holtz's knowledge as a coach though. He did a good job everywhere he went. Notre Dame hasnt been consistent since his departure and he did win a National Title there. I'm not a Notre Dame fan either but I give the man his due as a coach.

3. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I cant stand Lou Holtz or Lee Corso either one, they sound like a broken record, Notre Dame, Notre Dame. I cant stand Notre Dame, because they are the only team who can be 6-6 and still be in the top 25. Pitiful, when you have to rank a team, by what it did 30 years ago. Good example last year when when they were pitiful, Lee Corso at the end of the season was saying how they should be ranked?

4. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    yeah a lot of folks don't like corso either......but I like him alright. He's an old school big ten guy.....and I like it when they pick the teams on gameday, everyone's always waiting for corso's pick. I really just like the gameday crew.....herbstreit is cool too......even though he's an osu alum. They had a lil ("magic") desmond howard in there last year....i really liked that! I'm going to chase some flathead tonight and have a full day of college ball lined up for me tomorrow......what a weekend! Let's GO Blue......!!!

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    I think coach holtz knows his stuff, Hes not that bad. I like the whole gameday crew. I do think the team up north is gonna take its lumps this year with a new coach and no quarterback. I hope my Buckeyes silence all the critics when they play USC. Then maybe we can work toward the title this year. Go Buckeyes!!!!!!

6. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    do you remember all of cooper's stellar teams in the 90's? yep, I have a feeling it's gonna be one of those years....Go Blue!!

7. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Yep thats why hes not there now. He can recruit and thats about it.

8. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    He can't be to much of an idiot he is the 8th winning est coach in Division 1 with a record of 249-132-7 and a Bowl record of 12-8-2 so he must have done something wright

9. derail

derail New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'll take Lou over Corso hands down. I can't stand that guy.

10. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Nothing like listening to Sylvester the cat talk for a couple hours.

11. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    USC by 10.... You aint winning there.

12. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    we will see!:big_smile:

13. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya Crab!!! GO BUCKEYES!!!!!! rollo

14. BassMassey

State:
    Oconee
    GO Big Ten......!

15. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    holtz might know coaching, but not to good on being unbiased. he predicted notre dame to win 11 games:roll_eyes:, not to mention how he leaves programs

16. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    GO BUCKEYES!

17. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    I don't like Lee Corso, because he'll pick against the sooners nearly everytime. I don't care if we're playing a high school team for all the marbles at the end of the year, he's gonna pick against us. I ain't got any use for that tool.

18. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    if its in a bcs bowl i might have to agree with him, just joking but i do agree with you corso can be a dumba**

19. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.

He picked OU last year in the Fiesta and gave a guarentee OU would win by at least 3 TD`s. We here in WV pray for him not to pick us, which usually happens.

20. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Someday he will have to :"surface" for air!!!:wink::tounge_out::eek:oooh: Until then.......................