Some where new ?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by PHLIPS4BIGKATS, Oct 13, 2008.

1. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I'm lookin to see if anyone wants to go out sat. for an all nighter. I will travel as far as as an hour to an hour and a half from alma(home) as my jeep only gets 11 to 14mpg pulling the boat.If anyone wants to go some place let me know, either shoot a PM or let me know on this thread. Looking to put some feeders in the freezer plus get a good supply of shad for this winter and for early spring. I've got ten gallons of gas in the boat I'm trying to use up. So I don't gas moneyfor the boat. I would like to leave alma between 3 and 5pm.

Later Ya'll,
    Chris

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Got any place in mind? Lake or a river? I dont know much about any of the lakes or rivers, other than the ones I fish regularly, but am always willing to try somethin new. I could use some freezer stock myself.

3. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Well kyle I really don't know where just want to fish catch fish and that is about as far as have gottin with it. Millford Tuttle Blue river some place where a freezer can get filled I don't really care. Water with some cats:wink:. You have suggestions?

4. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Im up for it. Only thing is I dont know where either. Milford would be nice and would probably give up some blues. I dont care where though. Things have been slow around here so I am dying to go somewhere different. If you still want someone to go let me know. I am pretty sure I dont have anything goin on.

5. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, have you ever fished Geary County SL? It's been awhile since I fished there, but have caught some nice eaters there. That's not to far you, maybe a bit of a stretch for Kyle though.
    One draw back though, you're not allowed to net shad there. (I believe)
    I've heard of some nice Cat's being caught there. I've personally caught a 20lb Channel and a 20lb+ Flathead, been years ago though.

6. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Plus the limit is probably 2. None for the freezer there.:wink::smile2: Maybe a nice place a gatherin though. I like free campin!:smile2:

7. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    No jim never fished there before. But I would really like to beable to get a good mess of shad to freeze for the next few months so I don't look for any come Feb. I plan on comin out there to your place this next year for the shad kill though.

8. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    You're right Kyle, sorry I forgot about that:embarassed:. Well, there's always Milford:wink::smile2:
    Right now Milford is loaded with shad, specially at the boat ramps.

9. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Jim are the fish going to be bitten your way come thurs. ?

10. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, there's only one way that I know of finding out for sure:wink::smile2:. This coldfront moving in probably won't help, but you never know till you try.
    No predictions from me.
    I fished with my Grandson last Saturday(shore) we caught one Bluecat(3.5)

11. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Cris you might get hold of Jay sounded like he did well in School creek last Sat night.

12. flatheadcat4u

flatheadcat4u New Member

State:
    Westmoreland, K
    id take you out chris but ive got a guied trip sunday mourning tuttle has been giving up some smaller shad 3 to 4 in by the trout pond i picked up 15 bags the other weekend maybe monday im free

13. arkrivercatman

State:
    KS
    Just curious, where are yo getting guided at?

14. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    I originally posted Sat. as the night I would be heading out. HOWEVER, I will actually be going out Thurs. night instead.

Again, my apologies

15. kansasoutdoors

kansasoutdoors New Member

State:
    Kansas
    This is the guy who does your schedule.....you don't have Saturday night off. If you did I'd go with you.

16. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Thanks for lettn me know Chad. Now if anyone wants to go for an all nighter THURS. let me know. If not then I will prob. head to the tuttle puddle where I will at least know where I'm going after the sun goes down.

17. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Chris, I'm not up for "all nighters" much anymore, we'll usually come in around midnight or so. But I did check the local weather on weather bug for you, and it looks like you'll have a nice night, chilly, but fairly calm.

18. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    An all nighter thursday AT Tuttle Puddle. Where do I meet up with you?
    Want me to bring anything? Gimme a Holler at 785-776-3576 around 4PM
    Wednesday. I will be sitting at my phone waiting, drumming my fingers...

19. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks like you got a taker hope yall catch some fiosh and good luck and the main thing is to have fun

20. SheLuvsCats

SheLuvsCats New Member

State:
    Kansas
    HI, hope you had fun fishing. Sure wish I could have gone but you are a little bit far away................
    a.k.a. MOM:wink: