Some Questions About Bear Creek

Discussion in 'ALABAMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catman849, Jan 28, 2007.

1. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am planning on a trip to bear creek this summer, and i was wondering how yall catch em out there. What lake is the most productive for catfish, what baits work and how can i get them, what are some good areas to fish, and what size catfish do you catch on average? I appreciate anyone that takes the time to read this and answers any of these questions, and good luck to everyone else.

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Ben, are you are familiar with Bear Creek where 72 Hwy crosses it? To the north of the bridge anywhere in that area is good catfishing, I have seen 80 pounders come out of there. On past the railroad bridge there is a stump field, be careful there as there are stumps everywhere. There is also a place south of the HWY 72 bridge where the creek narrows and makes a sharp bend right into a rock wall. The water is fast there but it is deep and holds a lot of good size cats. If you head south on the creek, you will go under another bridge, the place I am talking about is not far beyond that bridge. I would use skipjack or whole bream for bait and some heavy line because when you hang one it isn't going to be small. Hope this helps some. Let us know how you do.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Jim I think he is talking about Little and Big bear Creek. Or the lakes.
    Like you I thought of our bear creek off the Pickwick lake. But I bet he is talking about the lakes not the creek its self.

Pete

4. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was thinking about fishing in one of the Lakes not the creek itself because i am planning on setting limb lines out in different portions of the lake but if i think that the creek will work for this method as well i may try it. Do you think that the creek would be good for limblining??? If not which lake/area would you suggest. THANKS FOR THE INFO. this really helps me out because i am new to fishing around here.

5. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I like Cedar Creek outside of Russellville on hwy 187.

6. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Ben, sorry about that, I was in the wrong place. Limblining will work in a creek also. Maybe some of the other fellows can give you more info on where to fish on the lake.