Some Poachers are Worse than Others!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I was driving a tanker truck today, nursing a spray rig and had some time to kill. So as usual I walked down to a bridge that crossed a creek not far from where I was parked. Thinking in the back of my head, maybe this would be a good place to find some creek chubs.
    When I got to the bridge I looked down and saw something that just blew me away. Apperently a poacher had killed a deer(I assumed it was a buck) and cut the head off and removed the Backstrap, everything else was still on the carcass,Hind quarters and shoulders and all. It was thrown off of the bridge sometime last night, cause the meat still looked fresh.
    What gets me is not only did this sorry Ba****D poach this deer, He also wasted it.
    It is a real good thing I didn't see him do it for his sake, but I wish I had.
    Till this day I didn't think that there was anything LOWER than a POACHER!!!
    I now Stand Corrected!!!!

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Can't stand to hear it, that sucks bigtime. I'm a bowhunter and play by the rules and there is scum out there sticking it to all of us.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks JW, I am sure glad you were not there when it happened and had any kind of weapons. Very sad to hear man, waste of good meat.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I didn't have my camera with me today, so I didn't get any pics of it, sorry:sad2: .

5. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have seen that before, it makes you sick I know...

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    happens a couple times a year in the woods by my house you cant hunt in my town so there are some big bucks Id amagine its the same guy cause he only cuts the heads off

7. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    JW.....report it to the CO!!!

Smitty

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    In The works now!!!

9. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You made a good move. Hopefully they'll catch them! Don't let things like that "slide", being a sportsman yourself, you should take it a a personal slap in the face!

Thank you for caring enough to make the call, from all the sportsmen & women in the USA! :wink:

Smitty

10. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    they have antlers already?

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I was guessing it was a buck, because the head was removed. I don't know why they did it, the bucks here have already dropped their antlers for the most part.

12. meat_hunter

meat_hunter New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    my dad always said if you kill you eat it.

13. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    JW, I had a similar experience several years ago. I was talking to a neighbor and he told me he was having problems with beavers and he wanted me to thin them out. I was happy to do it because he said I could also trap his creek for coon and mink. When I got to the woods there was a little thicket that the road went around and laying there behind it was a fresh carcass with the head and one 'ham' removed. It was not deer season. I killed some time and snooped around a little and when I got back to his house I told him I didn't think I could do him any good with his beaver problem. I never went back. A guy like that can deal with his own beaver problems.

I didn't call game & fish though because I didn't want a feud with a neighbor. Those could get nasty.

ST

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's a shame the lengths people go just to get their jollies off. I hope you do catch the person doing this! Put him/her/them where they belong!:angry:

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a little service road next to my house which seem to be a favorite place for poachers to dump deer. It really pi$$es me off. I've told the game warden but I don't think anything has been done.

16. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    used to live on a long dirt road when i was a kid...always had problems with poachers tearing it up even though the land was posted...well daddy fix them with a few tire popping strips laid out in the road ...always called our friends to let them know first...think there was about 40 flats ...lol

17. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's not strictly legal, but then you know they won't report you, because they were there illegally too.

Hmm... Not sure how I feel about the morality of this. I am leaning toward aggreeing with the strips though.

18. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    thanks...daddy said private road private property...we had called the police before and there was nothing they could do about it so daddy took care of it

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Glad your letting the CO know about it. They might not catch this scum, but they don't have a chance at catching any of them if folks don't let them know whats happening. I'm sure they appriciate a real sportsman contacting them.

20. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yep ive known a few who kill for sport i know several who have taken 4 or 5 bucks every year for the past 5 years even a few does they usually keep the meat tho have seen one or two beheaded and strapped (you know the tenderloin is best) i personally havent taken a deer in 3 years im the only one in the house that eats it and i dont own a freezer i had a buck 8 point in my scope last year and passed him up id like to kill a trophy to hang on the wall but when i do or if .the meat wont be wasted ,my personal best to kill is bambi their better eating . one year down in hardin county i drove past a fence that had 27 doe heads one on every post i guess by the look they were taken at the same time dont know where the carcusses were . its against the law to poach but several do it and it is a shame especially when all they want are horns . i like that flat tire idea you know you can also set up a digital trail camera on a private road to catch the ones in the act