Some pics of my '84 champions oxidized finish

Discussion in 'Boat Repair Help' started by Mid-MO fisherman, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Mid-MO fisherman

Mid-MO fisherman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    Thanks to the advice here on the BOC i decided to sand on my 'glass boat today. Started out with some 600 grit, then 1000, then 1500, then rubbing compound, then polish, then wax. Heres some before and after pix.

Attached Files:

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    thats cool, glad things worked out for ya. looks good man, now u need to find a way for it to attract big uns

3. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    looks good man. great job

4. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    thanks. attracting biguns is the next step. Sad to say that i have burned a lot of fuel out of the darn thing and caught only a couple keepers out of it.Lol. At least the boat will look good while I am getting skunked!:bad_smelly:

5. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Tuff job to do all by hand good job

6. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    thanks , the finish was very rough to the touch. Spent about 5 hrs on the 1st side. I am trying to get it polished up for this upcoming weekend. Want it to look good when we go hang out on the sand bar on Mo. river.

7. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was wondering if I could be the next in line, I will do all I can to help you upgrade your skills. Nice job. LOL Later Andy

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Looks good man, just watch that sand bar. lol

9. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    that is one skill I have very little desire to master. :lol: But I will put your name next on the list.:lol:

10. Mid-MO fisherman

State:
    Jefferson City, Mo
    That's right, I'd hate to have to do it over. LOL

11. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now that is what sweat and elbow grease will do for yea. Its ameazing what a little sand paper and some wax will do. You guys with all these boats out there if you want to clean them up real good, inside and out, if you have a store called dollar tree go to it and get you some Awsome , the one in the clear bottle and not the orange stuff, that is the best cleaner by far. Just don't put it on your glass it won't come off glass. Get some for the wife in the house to and see how pleased she will be with its ability to clean.
    I will be bringing some to the gathering so you can see first hand what it does.

Did I tell you it worked great on cleaning tires to. The only drawback is that it will take all the wax off anything.
    Good job on the boat.