some pics from the illinois deer and turkey classic

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by JERMSQUIRM, Mar 5, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    thought ide share a few pics of this years show i thought was cool.

this first giant was a breeder buck. died of a virus. the guy that had it had a 202 " bow kill he had shot beside this one. he said either side of this one would out score the entire 202" buck. this was at an out of state exibitors booth. an honer to even touch such a deer.

third was another one at an exibitors booth. a giant as well.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the pics man, how are you doing??

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a nice full body mount.

2nd is a guy here from town. 154 7/8 he thought it was 180's. now hes mad and thinks they made a mistake lol. he spent $1500 FOR A FULL BODY MOUNT. I THINK IDE STOP THE FELLA AND HAVE A SHOULDER MOUNT LOL. IM NOT DOING IT. HES ONE THAT JUST MAKES UP STORIES CUZ HE DOESNT TRUST ME. LOL. OH WELL. WAIT TILL HE DOES BRING ME ONE. I JUST WONT ACCEPT IT.:wink:

OOPS. CAPS.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    a few mounts i liked. first one had detail in eyes that made it look so real. i hate the same old plain jane mounts. i dont really look at the horns as much as the noses and eyes.

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    this was awesome. the actuall deer is printed on skull. look at the right side how its forked and the drop tines. the print on skull is same. sweet.

doing great will. thanks. been doing a lot of work on the house and spending time with family. took wife and kids to the deer show saturday. the kids like to watch byron fergeson shoot the long bow. he hit the flying lifesavor the second shot this year.

6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    great pic's jeremy and good to see your doing alright ..keep it up brother

7. KamoKing

KamoKing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those are some sweet pics! Thanks for sharing. Defininately some bruisers there.

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice,Glad you got to go to it. I'd love to go to something like that. I'd be droolin for weeks:smile2:

9. westvirginiacatfish

westvirginiacatfish New Member

State:
    Ronceverte
    great pics thanks for sharing.:cool2: those are some nice looking racks.:cool2::smile2::smile2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya every year they have it 30 miles from me. usually 600ish mounts and racks to see. food drinks hunting gear ect ect ect.............

11. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good Morning I was up there saturday too. Crowd was a pain and the parking stunk. I was in a van and drove thru more mud then I did in my truck during deer season. lol I seen that full body mount and really liked it. Alot of the guys up there were complaining about their scores/scoring. I blame alot of that on the magazines and video's. Many of our more modern hunters think anything under a 160 is a yearling or unworthy of the chase(even though they may never see/kill one and have no real idea what one that size looks like). Numbers are geting batted/thrown around way too much anymore. Many mature deer wont ever get above 130. I quit having any heads mounted after '95 but my new wife wanted to have at least one mounted so I took an 8pt. this year and its at the taxidermist, shoulder mount. I quit taking any heads to the show after '91. Tired of loosing hunting spots to outfitters and there's alot of them up there taking notes about where the bigger one's come from. It is a really good time though, love the hunting dvd's and video's you can buy. Didnt see the deer cook though? I always buy some seasoning etc from him. His dressing and butchering video is really good. Takes a doe in it.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv

we stood and shot the crap with the deer cook a couple years back for what must have been an hour or two. i tried all his hot sauces and stuff. took home some of the chili seasoning he had. just ran out too. was gonna get another one this year but he wasnt there. good ol boy.

as far as the deer butchering video i havent seen his. i went with bill hesselgrave. i got his video 3 years ago and now bone out (fillet) my deer like a fish and have in the freezor from skin on to done in 2 2-1/2 hrs wrapped and everything but grinding wich i do the next day.

ever see bills seminar? the deer butchering one at the show? after seeing it i got the video as soon as it was over. he is hess products. the guy that sells the knives and sharpeners in the building just up from the seminar rooms. got another boning knife from him this year. done up over 40 deer with the others i bet.

as far as outfitters and racks go. i like to see a nice rack but they along with the trophy hunters are ruining the sport for the old thrill and kill meat hunters like me. just like some of this trophy cat fishing is ruling up the regs trying to stop the catch and eat fisherman like me. i like to enjoy the outdoors right up from the hook up or climing into the tree right up to the dinner table. but i never miss the show.

the plate of squirrell or fish or venison i eat brings the thrill of the hunt back just like looking at the trophy on the wall. sad to say i know fellas that hunt deer but never eat it. thats stupid if ya ask me. if ya dont want to eat it let it walk. just my opinion.

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Great pics Jermemy> Glad the kids got to see ferguson shoot. I taught the guy everything he knows.:smile2::smile2::smile2: Dang i gotta quit that lyin, sheeesh.:confused2:

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Thanks for the pics, nice. Why would anyone kill a deer and not eat it? Some folks....

15. backwoodsman68geric

backwoodsman68geric New Member

State:
    illinois
    I run into people every year that dont want to track deer theyve shot and wont eat them anyhow! "Coyotes got to eat"," I just wanna kill something" etc,etc..Welcome to ILLINOIS OUTFITTING and OUTFITTERS! I can tell ya a few stories. Ive got a VHS from Hess I think? Minnesota? Deer Cook kinda fillet's his too bone free. Ive only taken 1 deer to a locker/butcher and wont do that again. Biggest mess I ever paid $66 for! I did find one bottle of chili and one bottle of jerky seasoning of his in the cabinet but after that...?Jacksonville here..We hunt Morgan and Pike county.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    bill hesselgrave (hess video) is out of wisconson. theres a lot of cronic wasting desiese around his parts and the de boning is so you never cut into bone structure. i really like the procedure cause its easy after its learned and no sawing to wear ya out. and the cuts of meat are so clean after its done.

17. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Great pics, the one skull mount that has the painting on it is amazing